5.0 out of 5 stars First 5 rating for this TV, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Samsung UN40EH5300 40-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (2012 Model) (Electronics)
I really love this TV. This is my first flat screen TV. I did a lot of homework before zeroing on this TV.

I purchased it based on the following features:
- It is a smart HDTV, LED - 60Hz and this year's model available at considerably better price as compared to even last year models with similar features. Though, I would have been very happy if I could have closed the deal at $ 650 :-p

I did see the earlier reviews for this TV but most seemed like user training issues.

The sound/picture quality is excellent. Picture quality will seem dull with the eco friendly setting of Standard. However, it is configurable per your liking and the user manual is very effective in identifying and setting up your needs. 3 HDMI + 2 USB available

Setting up Network/WI FI is also very easy.

Depending on Internet speed, the smart TV works good. Youtube videos does not stream so fast for me directly through the TV but when I connect to my laptop through HDMI, it just works fine.

Movies through Netflix are great. No 3D but I did not want it. The LED TV comparison chart that Amazon provides is very helpful in determining what features you need and what you do not need.

The Kids stories is very useful for my 3 yr old son. Recently saw our first 1080p HD movie "Journey to the center of the earth" and it was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Movie files with .vob,.avi and .wmv works perfect. I have not tried others yet. Even, if some do not work, there are many sites where we have converters available. So this is not a big deal too.

On the whole, it is a great TV with very good features. Its a good tradeoff between the basic models this year and the higher end versions which made it attractive for me. I did not have to settle for a lower less feature version nor wanted to go for umpteen number of features with a higher version costing above 1000 bucks.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 11 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 25, 2012 11:00:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2012 11:02:20 AM PDT
Z says:
Hi Seetha,

Thank you for the nice review. I'm really considering buying this model as well, but a couple of other people are experiencing a "random shutoff" issue. Have you seen that at all? Are you using any of the ECO features?

Also, have you used Netflix for prolonged periods of time (like 3-4 hours streaming) ? Have you experienced any slow downs or video stuttering?

If you have time, could you post a short video review as well? :))) That would be super helpful!

thanks!!

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 3:12:14 PM PDT
Jar says:
Hi im thinking of purchasing this tv also but was wondering if it was the same model as this model:

It lists it here as 120hz? is it 120hz or 60hz?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 10:46:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2012 10:47:03 AM PDT
Bob says:
I believe it lists a cmr (clear motion rate) of 120 which is different from frame rate or refresh rate measured in hz.
This tv is a 60 hz refresh rate

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 3:04:49 PM PDT
iwish4 says:
It's been years since I bought a new tv so please forgive me if I ask a dumb question but what I was wondering is can the tv be used like a computer? Can you write emails through it and can you go on sites like Amazon and Ebay or is the web stuff you can do limited to watching netflicks and going onto YouTube? Also can you order a keyboard for it? Thanks so much!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 10:46:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2012 10:48:36 AM PDT
docic says:
40D6000 USED AS MONITOR FOR MY COMPUTER AND IS GREAT.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 11:55:11 AM PDT
Z says:
Hey iwish4, there is an app in the Android Play Store that you can use for remote control, it's called "Samsung Remote". You can use that and the keyboard on your phone. I think that the same app is available for iPhones as well. I don't know about the other questions though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 5:04:00 AM PDT
Nightrider says:
iWish: This TV can be used as a computer monitor. If your laptop (or Android Tablet) communicates by blue tooth then you have a full blown computer. Then use it to watch and do whatever you want just like a computer that can do anything. In other words, you are surfing the net... TV only becomes a presentation medium.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 8:47:26 AM PDT
iwish4 says:
Hi and thanks for your response. I really am not a computer savvy person at all so forgive me for the ignorance in my questions. I don't have a laptop I have a desktop (a Mac) and I have WiFi (is WiFi) the same as Bluetooth? How would I connect my Mac to the tv if I wanted to do that? Thanks for any help.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 9:17:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2012 9:25:37 PM PDT
dot vernon says:
I was looking into a Samsung -and I found it interesting about the random shut off - I bought a tv recently (regretfully NOT Samsung) but due to its on and off problems (recuping from surgery too) looking for another one I am wondering is it a problem of newer electronics -which I don't need.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 10:07:00 AM PDT
Andy L. says:
@seetha does this TV comes with all Cords such as AV cables power cords please tell me all the cables this tv comes with i need to know please i want to order it. Thank you
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›