5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, esp. for DSI XL, April 12, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Universal Transporter Carrying Case for 3DS, DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL - Pink (Video Game)
Awesome case! Holds everything from multiple DS units, the charger, your stylus whether it's small or the new fountain pen-like stylus for the DSi XL (there are 4 spots for the small stylus and 2 for the XL stylus), to 20 game cartridges (slots made for the small ones, not the larger GBA ones, though you can definitely tuck some GBA games somewhere in this bag like the zippered compartment which my kids are currently using to hold their chargers).

Be VERY carful when you buy this tranporter because it has undergone a recent transformation. Notice the different pictures of these game bags when you search for them on Amazon. See the hang-tag in the photo of this hot pink one? Well, in the bottom-left, you can barely see it but there are 3 green check marks. One each for DS lite, DSi and DSi XL. Power A is using the same name but there are actually two models. The first one comes with a cardboard sleeve around the bag and the area that holds 2 DS units has a separator that is sewn in. This newer bag with the hang-tag on it comes with a velcro separator so the XL can be accomodated. We almost purchased the other one which would have not fit the XL. Both are on store shelves so unzip it and look inside if you own an XL because you will need the velcro separator model to be able to resize the area accordingly, otherwise it won't fit right. Whether velcro or sewn separator, DS lite and the regualar DSi will fit fine. But be very aware if this bag is for the XL.

I believe both models come in Pink, Blue and Black but having viewed the ones with the sewn in console area, I noticed it's a much lighter pink and the one considered black is a combo of both dark gray and black (meaning XL users need to spot hot pink, all black and blue). Crazy I know, but spotting the different colors may help you choose correctly.

It also comes with a removable, adjustable shoulder strap.

Hope this helps because when buying on the web, you may not get all the tiny details and since both models are called Universal Transporters, one can buy the wrong one and who feels like returning and waiting for the right one? I nearly got the wrong bag model twice.

P.S.
I purchased this hot pink model (daughter, 10) and the solid black (son, 7). My kids love the bag's roominess while not being too large to carry around. My daughter loves the shoulder strap, carries it cross-wise across her body like a purse, and uses the 're-sized' space beside her XL for her cell phone. My boy does not like the shoulder strap and prefers using the short handle on top. The bag is roughly 9" x 8.5".

P.P.S.
I just added a customer image of the interior. Hope it helps.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 13, 2010 12:15:14 PM PDT
nursejudy says:
Thank you for the detailed review and photo. Do you know if this would fit a DSi that is inside Nerf Armor? I thought it might because of the Velcro. Thanks for your time.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2010 6:07:11 PM PDT
A. Johnson says:
So very sorry I did not answer back sooner. I just saw your question. I'm sure by now you've found an answer. My reply would have been that I did not know, as my kids have never used the Nerf armor before. So sorry I couldn't have helped you. Also, despite the slot area intended for holding the DS, my son, who's always in a rush, hardly uses the slot at all. He just shoves the DS in the empty area of the bag and runs. If his DS had body armor, it would fit anyway due to his special way of tossing it into the bag without sliding it in the slots.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2010 10:11:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2010 10:11:31 AM PST
S. Hamon says:
Agreed...a nice & detailed review, but I am confused on one thing. I have had the blue bag for a year now and mine does NOT have the velcro adjustable slots in the one compartment...yet it CAN fit 2 DSi's, with or without the Nerf Armor, and it also could fit 2 DSi XL's, but not with the Nerf Armor. Your review states the bag without the velcro couldn't fit the XL or the DSi with the Nerf Armor. This bothered me because I now want to purchase a pink one for my daughter (we have a blue one that has been shared between my son & daughter for the past year and their 2 DSi's). I myself have a DSi XL that I sometimes throw in their bag when going places too (YES, my bag can fit their 2 DSi's in the fitted sleeves as well as my DSi XL in front of those pockets and then zip the bag up)....so I want a pink one that can hold my daughter's DSi and my XL. Off to Wal-Mart I went to try it out and the bag....and yes, there are 2 versions on the shelf that look identical except for some having the removable velcro separator.....BUT, as with my bag, the one that doesn't have the velcro still fits my XL and could even fit 2 XL's. Did you try putting an XL in yours to see if it would fit? Looking at it one would think no, but it does fit. This is such a great bag for DSi, DS Lite, AND the XL...I don't want people thinking it won't fit when it actually does. :-)

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 10:06:55 AM PST
Mlh says:
Thank you for your very informative reivew. Do you think the 1st version DS would fit in this case? After closely viewing your pictures, I believe it will. However, and since you own one of these cases, I wanted your opinion. Thank you for your time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 1:01:59 PM PST
A. Johnson says:
Mlh, yes, it will fit the 1st version all the way up to the larger XL. You could actually freely toss a DS in this bag if you wanted to. The area that is made specifically for the gaming unit on my daughter's hot pink bag happened to have a velcro separater so we can actually resize it if we wanted to and make it bigger or smaller. She keeps her DSi XL in one slot and her iPod Touch in the other.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›