3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Asus G74sx, October 27, 2011
This review is from: Everki Beacon Laptop Backpack with Gaming Console Sleeve, Fits up to 18-Inch (EKP117NBKCT) (Personal Computers)
I recently purchased an Asus G74sx 17.3" widescreen laptop - which is a large beast of a laptop. With the laptop, I initially ordered a Case Logic (17") backpack - which is an exceedingly tight fit. This laptop is very thick and long compared to others.

Looking for something larger - and thinking the slightly higher pricetag would get me something nicer - I ordered the Everki Beacon. I initially thought if it could accommodate the G73, my G74 should fit, right?

Wrong.

Had I read a little deeper into the reviews for this bag, I would have found the initial review warning off potential buyers with G74s.

This backpack *can* carry the G74sx, but not in the padded compartment intended for laptops. The G74sx will fit in the second compartment, but this seems a poor choice, as now you lose the ability to carry much else, and requires the (re)moval of the laptop to get at anything else in the compartment.

All told, this is a great bag, but it will not fit my intended cargo. Sadly, merely unpacking the backpack makes it ineligible for return to Amazon. Fortunately, I could either ebay it or give it to someone I know who has a gaming console they take to parties.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2011 7:13:45 PM PST
Uma Palata says:
Thank you so much for the review. I just bought an ASUS G74SX and I'm shopping for a backpack large enough for it. Have you found a bag of the right size?

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 7:24:14 PM PST
fadhli atari says:
thanks for mentioning about the problem. I also owned G74sx and G71gx. Definitely G74sx are way to bigger than G71Gx, as the bag I use for G71gx cannot fit G74sx. It give me headache to find a bigger bag. I found a recommendation on Everki titan on amazon ~ uas 160, but currently out of stock. I'm giving up looking for G74sx backpack, instead, make a custom one. The laptop compartment is easy to make, and big backpack is cheaper to find. Custom is better.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 3:12:31 PM PST
juve1800 says:
Thank you so much for the review.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 9:39:36 AM PST
Phillip S. says:
Why??? I finally wanted to have a suitable backpack :'( lol. Thanks for the reveiw!!

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 12:18:51 AM PDT
J. Seidel says:
The bag fits and perfectly if you do this.

I have 2 ASUS RoG Laptops, identical in size and weight for the most part. BOTH fit inside! With room to spare, I would not recommend it, just saying it can be done. As far as fitting one in the sleeve on the back comfortably? It fits but only if you put the EXHAUST FAN SIDE to the LEFT looking at the backpack. Rear fan exhaust on the RoG needs to go to the left and it will slide in smoothly and slide out just as easily. The zippers will even close pretty easily. Those zippers sure are nice. And it locks it in tight, no room for shaking. I like a snug fit.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›