2.0 out of 5 stars Commercials ad nauseam, October 7, 2008
This review is from: Frasier: The Complete Series (DVD)
I've always loved Frasier and the whole cast. Unfortunately, Paramount has seen it fit to add up to seven minutes of commercials at the beginning of the discs, not editable and without the recourse of being bypassed. If I wanted to watch that c... I would do that in the reruns. Shame on Paramount!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 26, 2009 4:26:27 PM PDT
C. Johnson says:
What happened is that Paramount re-realeased the second season after they teamed up with CBS. therefore, the second season, as fa as i know, has one deleted are edited song.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2009 9:53:55 PM PDT
Grace Toy says:
Could you please clarify what you mean please, i.e. what's "one deleted ARE edited song"? (caps are mine, don't mean to shout) Thank you.

Posted on Aug 17, 2009 11:10:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 17, 2009 11:11:58 AM PDT
W. Gardner says:
About previews/teasers/ads at the beginning of discs: when the '>>|' button (chapter advance button) doesn't work for skipping past them, just try the '>>' fast-forward button, and click it up to the '20X' speed. The ads will fly by in no time. I have never encountered previews/teasers/ads that could not be fast-forwarded through.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2009 12:49:50 PM PST
Avid Camper says:
Tried that, didn't work... Anymore ideas?

Posted on Feb 10, 2010 2:13:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 10, 2010 2:13:55 PM PST
Don W. says:
Thank you very much. I really appreciate the warning about the commercials. You just saved me a couple of hundred dollars. I'll keep my money and burn my own DVD's off the air. It's extra work but they play immediately. The quality is close and the frustrations are gone.

Posted on Dec 18, 2010 10:40:23 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 1, 2013 2:49:22 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 15, 2011 1:11:13 PM PST
I appreciate the "heads hup", now I know what to do, if when I can afford to buy the set--I love Frasier!---I will use the time to make coffee, sandwich, start laundry, dishwasher, dog pooh, or mute it while I go thru my email or read a little. Then settle down to my favorite show. My husband says is inconvenient, I will have episodes I don't like (very few of them)
I will have to put a disc in the player and change the systems input...I know we are retired-- but gee...convenience he says is saving them replay on TV. I am limited by the 50 or so that they show and I have to record in SD to save space --HD eats it up.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2011 1:18:01 PM PDT
dudnpad says:

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 7:22:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2013 10:34:15 AM PDT
If Owning the series is not that important to you, and if you Hate the commercials (as much as I do, and apparently a lot of other people), then you might consider just watching them via Netflix DVDs. Their DVDs do not contain any commercials, neither loaded up front, nor in between segments of the individual shows. Pretty good. Even better, really, than when they first aired on TV.

Also, a cousin of mine recently gave me a complete set of Fraziers on DVD as a gift. Seeing them, I think the initial critical review (above) may be a little misleading. There are in fact about 5 minutes of commercials you can not fast forward through -- But only on the FIRST Disc, of 4, per season. The rest are commercial free.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2013 2:32:25 PM PST
Joe P. says:
Yes, she's one of those liberal nuns with husbands. They are popping up everywhere nowadays
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (262 customer reviews)

$259.98 $174.23