3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, But Not For Older Babies, September 6, 2010
This review is from: Snuggin Go Infant Positioner, Black (Baby Product)
I bought this when my daughter was 3 or 4 months old, since her head would always fall forward when sleeping and it drove me crazy! She also had reflux and I had heard that it was good for that, too. She never really liked being in her car seat, she would scream if she was in it too long. Initially, this solved the problem. Her head no longer fell as much (still did sometimes) and she seemed happier in the car. But, I didn't like how the seat belt became much shorter with this thing in the seat. It made it harder to get my daughter in and out of the seat, and she would cry because of it.

When she got to about 7 months, she started screaming again in the car and really seemed unhappy in her seat. One day my mom suggested that I take out the SnugginGo and maybe she'd be more comfortable. So I did, and ever since she hasn't screamed again! There was more room in the seat again, and the seat belt wasn't as tight when I was taking her in and out. I guess she didn't like it after all, and it obviously wasn't comfortable for her. I don't know how this company claims it's for babies up to 1 year of age. Once my baby got older, it got awfully tight in the car seat when she was in it. And she is small, weighing 10-25th percentile. I don't know how a bigger baby would fit. Overall, I think this is a great product for newborns and young infants, under 6 months of age. I wish I had bought it when my daughter was younger, I would have gotten more use out of it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 20, 2011 10:33:36 PM PDT
M. Jones says:
If the addition of the positioner made the seatbelt too tight, couldn't you just loosen it? I have never heard of a car seat that did not have adjustable straps/belts.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2011 8:59:00 PM PDT
Nancy F. says:
The seatbelt was loosened as far as it would go, and because the positioner was very thick, the belt became too tight on my baby's shoulders. There wasn't much belt left to go over her shoulders, as it had to go over the positioner first. Once I took out the positioner, the seatbelt wasn't as tight on her.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 1:25:08 PM PDT
Nancy, We had the same problem. Did you try to contact costumer service or return it? We only used it for about a week and just took it out. I'm hoping to get my money back.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 9:57:44 PM PDT
Nancy F. says:
I never contacted them, I probably should have. Since I bought this over two years ago, I'm not sure what they would do at this point. However, I'm willing to try this with my next baby, and if I have the same problem then I definitely will contact them to see if they have suggestions.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (87 customer reviews)

$39.99 $35.89