54 of 61 people found the following review helpful
good gadget - mixed results - depends on the pizza,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Presto 03430 Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven (Kitchen)
I was pretty excited to get this item. I never had any success with my oven and frozen pizza. I never could get the middle cooked and many reviews said the Pizzazz would do this.
- Creates a crisp bottom crust
- Center of pizza and toppings cook better than with an oven
- Doesn't heat up the house
- Cleanup is a breeze
- The outside crust is more breadlike (could be a pro for some)
- Turntable on mine seems slanted and crooked
- Doesn't perform miracles. Some reviewers imply that the Pizzazz transforms frozen pizza into real pizza. It improves frozen pizza, but you won't forget that you're eating frozen pizza.
- Rising dough frozen pizza works, but the dough itself doesn't seem to bake fully. It tends to taste doughy even when the bottom and top are done.
- 12" is too small considering the better tasting 16" fresh dough pizzas available now
I like this gadget, but I can't give it five stars. Presto created a pretty cool kitchen appliance here, but I think they could improve it. They should make a XL 16" model that would accomodate "Costco" take and bake. I think the heating elements could be designed better to improve coverage as well.
As far as frozen pizza goes, Freschetta baked better than Di Giorno for me. Tombstone tasted like Tombstone. Frozen is what it is. There's UNO in my local deli case and I plan on trying that.
I think the Pizzazz is worth it overall. I don't regret the purchase in any way, and I don't use my oven for pizza anymore.