5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Impressed. Exceeded My Expectations., August 15, 2012
I simply do not understand how or why this IP66 / 67, Vandal Proof, 2MP (1080 x 1920), POE, IP camera is costing so much less than even the most mainstream brands such as Axis.

I purchased and installed 10 of these at my home - all POE. I love the simple connectivity.
The picture quality is astounding. Moving from an analog D1 system to 2MP is jaw dropping. That would be the case even with a lesser performing camera. However, these cameras are simply beautiful. They're clearer, faster, and more configurable than several other low cost IP cameras tested.

With no IR, you will need some light for night. But that is not to say these cameras have a great configuration set for low lighting situations (making it very effective at night).

I am very pleased and saved TONS of money on my home system choosing these Dahua Domes. The seller (HolidayCoro) was a snap to work with. I would highly recommend!

Oh, one more thing - these have a standard m12 lens mount and you can buy various focal lengths to accommodate your needs. I have run the standard lens, 6, and 9mm lenses.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 16, 2012 11:50:49 AM PDT
Agree with what you wrote. I just got one in this week and feel like I dodged a bullet having almost bought something else; I was considering other "entry level" megapixel cameras in the $300 range with a 1 MP resolution that are a bit better known--glad I didn't bother. I'll be formally reviewing my HDB3200CN once I get a little more time to fiddle with it. It's not perfect, but in this price range I have not seen anything as good.

10 cameras around your house? Remind me not to rob you!

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 5:42:49 AM PST
Dubbskin says:
Can you post a link to the 6mm and 9mm lenses you used? I looked at the m12 lenses online and there seem to be a few different types (i.e. fixed board, variable, etc.)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›