5.0 out of 5 stars Very upset with the makers (SHOUT) of this DVD THEY GET 1 STAR IF THAT! THE SHOW GETS 20+ STARS!, October 5, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Joey: Season 1, Part Two (DVD)
I've been waiting for this release and couldn't wait to play it the day it came. I love this show very much. So I will rewatch epidodes over and over again.
My point for this review is that THE MAKERS OF THIS DVD SHOULD BE IN TROUBLE!!!

They messed up on their editing of these dvds.

SOME OF THE EPISODES ARE LISTED UNDER WRONG NAMES. FOR EXAMPLE THE EPISODE THE OTHER LONGO IS ON THE DVD AS BEING WAITING FOR MR. RIGHT AS THE TITLE. WHICH THAT EPISODE IS LISTED AS JOE KNOWS WHICH IS THE EPISODE TITLE OF THE LAST EPISODE ON DVD OF MELISSA AND JOEY SEASON ONE PART 1 WHICH IS TOTALLY STUPID... ALSO THE EPISODE LISTED AS THE OTHER LONGO SHOULD BE TITLED ENEMIES WITH BENEFITS. TO ME THIS IS VERY UPSETTING AND I NEVER WRITE REVIEWS ABOUT ANYTHING BUT I COULDN'T LET PEOPLE BUY THIS WITH MISTAKES BEING MAKE BY SHOUT THE MAKER OF THE DVD. THEIR EDITORS NEED TO MAKE SURE THEY CHECK EVERYTHING BEFORE THEY RELEASE A DVD ON THE MARKET.

HERE'S THE DVD LIST OF EPISODES IN ORDER.
1. THE OTHER LONGO. SHOULD BE TITLED ENEMIES WITH BENEFITS.

2. WAITING FOR MR. RIGHT. SHOULD BE TITLED THE OTHER LONGO

3. JOE KNOWS. SHOULD BE TITLED WAITING FOR MR. RIGHT.

4. ALL POLITICS IS LOCAL

15. DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DID

16. THE MEL WORLD

17. TEACHER/TEACHER

18. THE SETTLEMENT

NOT SURE IF THEY MESSED UP ON OTHER EPISODE TITLES YET BECAUSE I HAVEN'T WATCH THE WHOLE SET YET.
ALL HAVE TO SAY IS I LOVE THIS SHOW JUST WISHED THE MAKERS WOULD TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT WAHT THEIR MAKING BEFORE RELEASING IT TO THE PUBLIC. SHOUT NEEDS TO FIX THIS PLEASE.
I DON'T KNOW IF THIS WAS JUST MY COPY OR NOT. JUST THOUGHT I'D TELL FANS.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 6, 2011 9:10:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2011 9:12:38 AM PDT
Crazy-for-TV says:
Good to know. Mine hasn't arrived in the mail yet, but I really hope that this isn't the case. Like you, I love this series a lot! As for the order of the episodes, I think Shout! chose to put the episodes in production order, not how they were broadcast. I think this should be better, seeing as how Joey Lawrence went from bald to a full head of hair to bald, again. It should now be consistent with his hair-growing process. LOL. I just really hope the episodes' titles aren't messed up on all the copies! Have you tried contacting Shout! Factory?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2011 1:24:23 PM PDT
mooretalk92 says:
Yeah, I do like that they put the episodes in production order. I didn't think about that before. I just finished rewatching the episodes and it's much better seeing his hair grow then go back and forth. lol
Also, I noticed that its just the first 3 episodes that have messed up titles on first dvd but the rest of the season is correct with titles of the episodes.

I have not contacted Shout! Factory because I haven't found a number yet.
Hope this helps you and enjoy your set.

P.s
Please let me know if yours are correct on your dvds. Thank you

Travis:)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011 10:58:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2011 11:01:40 AM PDT
Crazy-for-TV says:
My set arrived today in the mail. I immediately opened it, and mine is a dud just like yours! I just don't get how three episodes could be titled incorrectly! Is this Shout!'s fault, or did ABC Family incorrectly label the episodes that were passed along to Shout!? In whatever case, why is "Joe Knows" even on here? Wouldn't you think producers would say, "Hey, that episode sounds familiar. I better check and see if that's on the Part 1 set." Also, I'm a little disappointed that so many episodic photos from Part 1 were used on the Part 2 release. Right on the back, there is a photo from "A Fright in the Attic." However, that was included on Part 1! When you open the case, this problem continues with photos from "Joe Knows" (I'm beginning to despise that episode. It's terrific and all, but Shout! really over used it on this set), among others. Yes, some Part 2 episodic photos are used, but ABC Family has posted many photos online in the past that would have been better than what is utilized here! Again, maybe Shout! was supplied with the photos! Who Knows? ("Joe Knows" - pun intended.) I suppose the photos could be considered a stylistic choice, which doesn't bug me as much as the wrong episode titles, because technically the photos are still from Season 1! Isn't it a coincidence that, as of this writing, amazon has the item under review. Are the duds only through amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2011 11:30:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2011 11:34:54 AM PDT
mooretalk92 says:
Well, I did report my problem to Shout! Factory and Amazon.com. I had to get a new copy but it was the same thing. I kept the second copy of the dvd just because I didn't want to bother with it anymore. Amazon.com gave me a 5.00 refund though and is working with Shout! Factory to get it fix and re-made. So you can send your copy in and wait for a new one to be made whenever that will be or get a 5.00 refund and keep your old dvd. Best of luck!

P.s Can't wait until season 2 starts! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2011 5:47:11 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 1, 2011 10:49:36 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 8:15:01 PM PDT
Bonnie B. says:
I am so glad you are having this discussion. I thought I was crazy! I kept thinking, "There is no way that title of episodes mistakes could be made on a professional DVD!" I had also printed out an air schedule from the Internet and realized that that list was different from the order on the DVD. Then I realized that Joe's hair was short, longer, short... So I figured that maybe the order on the DVD was right and I decided to watch the episodes in that order. No big deal. Really though, there is no excuse for a professional DVD to have the wrong names on episodes.

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 7:27:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2012 10:01:54 PM PDT
R. Kohler says:
While the mislabelling of 3 episodes titles on the first disk of Season 1, Part 2 was a mistake on Shout Factory's part, the re-ordering of the episodes into the "correct" order definitely was "NOT" a mistake. ABC Family aired these episodes out of their original intended order and caused many continuity problems in both season 1 and the still unreleased season 2. Joey going from bald to having hair and back to bald again from week to week was probably the most blatant of the continuity problems, but not the only one, for this series caused when ABC Family aired the episodes out of order.

If the ordering of the episodes hadn't been corrected when these DVDs were released I wouldn't have purchased these DVD sets.

Even Melissa Joan Hart has complained about the way ABC Family messed up the order the episodes were supposed to have been aired.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (31 customer reviews)

$24.97 $14.77