3.0 out of 5 stars Well, the carousel works ..., March 10, 2011
This review is from: Sony CDP-CE500 Compact Disc Player (Electronics)
Suffice it to say, if you want a player that will deliver the musical clarity an audio CD is capable of producing, you will probably have to be prepared to spend more. My old 5-disc carousel by RCA "froze," so I went searching for a new one(seems to be a dying species). This one doesn't come close to producing the same sound quality. I'll be continuing my search. On a positive note, it recognizes all the CDs (including MP3's) I load into the carousel, with no skipping (so far).

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 9, 2011 12:13:26 AM PDT
Not too old of a post so I will reply.
You will never get the same audio sound quality out of a DVD Player.
There are exceptions where you must have a Multi Sound System or a Home Theatre System.

There's not point in building a nice Multi Audio system only to us a DVD as the CD Player.
The Home Entertainment Systems out today can be awesome and you can get good, but not great sound from these, provided you are prepared to spend around $10,000.00.

The only way to obtain good or great sound from a CD is to use a specialized CD Player, such as Rega, Creek, etc.

Cheers

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2011 6:43:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2011 7:00:38 PM PDT
C. Harris says:
Thanks for your comment. My point was that the sound quality of this particular CD player, compared to my old RCA model, is "the pits." I think I was generous in the rating. I ended up buying a reconditioned ONKYO, which actually matched the sound quality of my previous player.

To make sure we are discussing the same product, I am referring to the Sony CDP-CE500 Compact Disc Player. This is a 5-disk (CD) changer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2011 11:54:55 PM PDT
What's going on here? William Roach and one of the reviewers of this product seem to be under the impression that this is a DVD player. Not sure where the confusion stems from...??

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2011 7:13:58 PM PDT
C. Harris says:
I'm not sure, either. I purchased this product. It is NOT A DVD player.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2011 7:23:34 PM PDT
HI
My apologies. For some reason I was mindset on this being a CD/DVD Player. Perhaps it was due to my looking at so many in the Teac Range I got the 5 disk changer confused.
It is a CD Player only for sure.
Sorry for the confusion I caused.
Cheers
Will

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2011 10:05:36 PM PDT
No problem. It's comforting to know not everybody's too concerned with appearances to admit they are/were wrong...if only the "Free World" gov'ts would act the same way...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2011 11:58:19 PM PDT
Short Wave says:
Can this unit play MP3 CDs recorded with a computer? I am referring to MP3 songs recorded on a CD and not in a USB flash memory. This is the only reason I am interested in this unit. Otherwise, my current carousel player works fine except it cannot play MP3 CD. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2011 4:19:20 PM PDT
Yes, it can.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2011 11:38:40 PM PDT
Short Wave says:
Great. Thanks.

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 7:33:45 AM PST
Has anyone tried using an ipod into the USB inout? Does it work?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (1,199 customer reviews)

$199.99