4.0 out of 5 stars For what you pay, it's pretty much the best, December 5, 2010
This review is from: Graco Silhouette Pack 'N Play Playard with Bassinet and Changer, Rittenhouse (Baby Product)
It took a while to find a deal like this, a variety of things in one package, and in a style we could stand. We found this in another store at first and fell in love with it, then discovered apparently everyone else did as well because we couldn't find it -anywhere-. Thankfully we found it here and for a good price before the baby arrived.

It's honestly great and not too complicated... after you assemble it the first time that is. Once it's put together fully you can fold it up and take it apart with ease, after once or twice lol.

It's sturdy and holds our daughter well. She doesn't need the playpen part yet so I can't vouch for it yet, but the bassinet and changer are fantastic. The diaper changing has been made loads easier, though we did discover a need to be careful about putting things underneath her as sometimes when we change her she'll decides to pee just as we take off her old diaper. Thus, the urine can get into the cracks and slide down the poles beneath it.

Don't expect much from the bears on top - not that I did since they looked pretty stationary. They're cute but unless you want to constantly push them back and forth for you baby, it'll be pretty static.

I highly recommend this for anyone since, while it's not the -best- thing out there, it does what it was made for really well.

Edit: 4/30/12

After having it for over a year now, I figured I'd update this review. My daughter is now a year and a half and is too big to use it as anything other than a playpen, but I'll review what happened over the the year.

First off, don't expect to use this (other than as a playpen) for more than one child. The changer part tends to accumulate things in areas you wouldn't expect (and we are thorough cleaners) and it isn't meant to hold much weight. We threw it out because it seemed too flimsy to be safe after some months. It was great for the first few months, but it didn't last too long.

The bassinet was great and still is. Lasted a long time and could probably still be used for our next one.

The Playard/playpen (whatever you prefer to call it) is great. However, don't expect to move it around much. It's fairly, usually, easy to collapse and move, but it can be one of the biggest pains to set back up. Some parts just will not snap back together, no matter how hard to struggle with it (and I'm a pretty strong guy). You'll play with it until it finally randomly snaps or you do. There's been a few times where it just mysteriously sets ups quickly, but at least 75% of the time it's a fight.

I'd get it again, but I did take off a star for how hard it is to set up.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 26, 2013 5:32:02 PM PDT
Thank you for updating your review! It was very helpful. One of the main reason's I'm looking at this pack & play is because of the changing station being a little higher than other similar options. My husband and I are both tall people, and I was hoping to have a useful downstairs changing station for those early months when changes are so often. We are also very thorough cleaners and one of my main concerns with the changing station is not being able to get it clean enough after the inevitable mess happens. In a review I read for another changing pad someone suggested using underpads like these NorthShore Premium Blue Disposable Underpads (Chux), Small Size 17 x 24, Pk/25 to protect the changing pad. Do you think that would be something that could save this changing station? I'm also wondering when the changing station seemed to become too flimsy for further use. It says you can use it up to 25 lbs which would make it useful more than long enough for us. How old was your child when you decided to get rid of the changing station?

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2013 11:20:28 AM PDT
We are going to be using our Silhouette on our third child in the next week or so. It is almost 6 years old at this point (purchased in late 2007). Fortunately, we did not have the same issue with the changing portion. We did use disposable changing underpads (Target ones) under the baby or wiped it down with Lysol wipes. Stinks you had to throw yours out!

We were able to use the changing station for nearly 6 mos with #1 (she was petite) and about 3-4 mos with #2 (average size).

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 8:20:17 PM PDT
C. Magrabi says:
We basically put a towel down underneath the baby and then cleaned up afterward, so something more fancy would probably help more. We still have it and still use it as a bassinet and will also use it as a playpen later. With the underpad and/or a baby that's less likely to urinate as much as ours did mid-changing, it would probably last longer than ours did.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›