5.0 out of 5 stars A lyrical and gorgeous tribute. Stunning., March 10, 2013
This review is from: The Still Point of the Turning World (Hardcover)
Emily Rapp is a poet. However you look at it, her words hit you in the heart and stay there in the way any good poem does. I found this book to be sad, yes, but also mesmerizing and inspiring at the same time and I couldn't put it down. Having a nephew with a rare genetic disorder, I know how important it is to educate people and the way Emily Rapp does that is breathtaking. I had no idea what Tay Sachs even was.
She writes in the book " I believe I was sad, and would always be sad" and that might very well be the truth but this book is a legacy to Ronan and truly one of the most stunning books I have ever had the pleasure of reading. The loss of a child will never be "gotten over" but with this book, Ronan's memory will live forever.
The timing seems so bittersweet (Ronan passed just weeks before the book came out) but I believe we are made better for having known Ronan and with this book, we did. We did get to know him. We got to be with him for a little while in his short little life.
I am so sorry Emily Rapp had to write this book, I truly am, but I have a feeling "it wrote her" and I will forever be grateful for knowing Ronan and getting a glimpse into her magical and poetic mind.
This book is a must-read.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2013 6:31:00 PM PDT
Diogenes says:
Are you by any chance the author's yoga instructor, and if so wouldn't it be the ethical thing to state that fact? It appears that she mentions you in the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 9:56:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2013 9:57:47 PM PDT
cat says:
@ Diogenes: Are you really concerned about this when a child just died? What does it matter? I am feeling sorry for you for needing to post this. And I am not related to the author of the book in case you were wondering.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 10:14:08 PM PDT
Diogenes says:
Cat, I am reacting to some attacks by this reviewer and others, who objected to the fact that I posted an unfavorable review of the book. Most of the attackers, it seems, are friends of the author, and planted their reviews here to hype the book. They did not disclose their connection with the author, and thus they have abused the Amazon review process. How seriously are we supposed to take the Amazon ratings when it is so easy to stuff the ballot box?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 10:59:34 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 19, 2013 11:26:16 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (106 customer reviews)

$25.95 $20.04