5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LITTLE SPEAKERS, August 24, 2009
This review is from: Energy RC-Micro 5.1 Surround Speaker System (Black) (Electronics)
I got these here on Amazon for $599. Now to a lot of you that might not sound like a lot of money, but to me this was a major purchase. But after researching for a long time I finaly decided on the Energy RC-Micro speakers over the Orb speaker system. I will never know how I would have liked the Orbs but it would be nearly impossible to be any happier than I am with these speakers.

The package arrived very quickly, 4 days after I order and that was with the standard free shipping. Two corners on the box were flattened in a couple of inches, but Eneregy did a nice job with the packaging and everything inside was in perfect shape.

I matched these speakers up with my Onkyo TX-SR507 and Omnimount Surround Sound System Mounting Package for Micro Speakers (Both of which i also recommend, especially the Omnimount brackets that came with an adapter that fit these speakers perfectly).

After installation I am like a little kid at Christmas and spent the whole weekend in front of the TV trying out everything I could think of to test these babies. I pop in my blu-ray of Transformers. Oh boy what a way to start off. I put the volume to about 60 percent of maximum and the room was rocking. Great clean crisp highs, bass that I could feel in my seat, and voices that were clear even as the world seemed to be falling apart all around the people.

Everything I listened to that weekend sounded great. A couple of other highlights: Encore was showing the new Rambo movie. About a half hour into the movie it starts raining. I swear that it sounded so realistic that I muted my sound because I thought it was raining outside (It had been earlier). Another movie I was watching has 2 neighborhood dogs barking at each other. My dog has never paid any attention to anything on the TV before and when this started up he suddenly sat up and started following the dog barks from left to right depending on which dog was barking. He even barked back once.

The only thing I can see that might not meet everyone's expectations is the bass. I am more than happy with the bass performance but it is not a window shattering bass that some people want.

I don't see how, but they say that these are going to sound even better after they are broke in for 50 - 60 hours.

I know there are better systems out there for a lot more money, but unless you need or want more bass, I do not believe anyone will be unhappy with these.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 28, 2009 8:32:44 AM PST
DC in the CT says:
I just purchased the same set up (Onkyo 507 & Energy Micro) but was wondering if you have your speakers wall mounted or are you using the OmniMount ELO or Gemini 1 speaker stands?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2009 9:08:11 PM PST
C. L. Gerow says:
I bought "Surround Sound System Mounting Package for Micro Speakers - Gray" by omnimount which I also did a review on. They were unexpectedly a very nice mounting system. For me I wanted the speakers to blend in and not really be noticable so the idea of speaker stands was not really an option.Surround Sound System Mounting Package for Micro Speakers - Gray

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 6:43:22 AM PST
DC in the CT says:
I wish I could wall mount them but the room is on a slab and there is no way I could run it through the walls. So far I wasted money on the wrong gague speaker wire and banana clips that won't work either. Thanks for responding C.L.!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2010 10:45:43 AM PST
DC in the CT says:
Thanks for the review on this C L. I finally got it all set up this weekend and I couldn't be happier.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (102 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $465.00