3.0 out of 5 stars Should be called the "Jewel-tone Set", March 10, 2011
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Essential Colors Glitter Set, 24-Pack (Kitchen)
Length:: 1:23 Mins

If you are looking for minutely different shades of pink or teal, this glitter set is for you. The quality of this glitter is superior and a little goes a long way, but I ended up spending a bunch of money supplementing the set with colors I felt should have been included. I would gladly trade a few of those almost-the-same-shades of lavender, gold or light blue for a few solid, deep shades - a rich purple or an indigo blue, for instance.

I show the glitter set (with the exception of Onyx which I used up) in this video, I also added a better photo of the set to the product description (back up at the top left of the product page) so you can better see the colors that are included. I still would have purchased it if I had known there was no strong blue or purple (there is a nice solid red, though,) but I would have made other arrangements to supplement those colors.

If you're curious about the Muses Parade shown in the video (the best of all of the Mardi Gras parades - imho) you can go to my youtube page at youtube dot com/user/acityoffriends

Enjoy!
Claire

PS - It always makes my day to know that people find these reviews helpful. So, please vote (The "Was this review helpful to you: Yes or No" buttons) and leave a comment if you'd like, even if it's just to say, "Hi!" I respond to all comments so feel free to ask a question about the product. Also, when you leave a comment, I will go to your reviews and pay you the same courtesy.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 10, 2011 4:23:22 PM PST
Paige Royer says:
Wow, you know a lot about glitter!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2011 8:36:46 PM PST
Yeah, for instance I know that it's managed to get everywhere in my house and it seems impervious to the effects of a vacuum cleaner! Thanks for the comment Paige.

Take care,

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 1:04:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 28, 2011 1:07:36 PM PDT
Wow, love love love the shoes!
That's not too scratchy to wear when you apply glitters on the inside?
And how do you get the glitter to actually stay? Do you have a spray topcoat?
Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2011 2:31:22 PM PDT
Oops! I probably should have made that more clear... the shoes become works of art and are generally placed on shelves not on feet! :) They are quite the collectible here in New Orleans - catching a Muses shoe during the parade can be the highlight of Mardi Gras. And yes, I spray them with a high gloss craft sealant - I can't remember which one - but not a workable fixative, it's more of a spray lacquer. It seals them beautiful, and if you put it on thickly it kind of fuses the glitter together which can give it a really cool look. Or you can go lighter and keep a very glittery look.

You could absolutely do this to a pair intended for wearing... just, as you pointed out, don't glitter the inside of the shoes. Let me know if you give it a try - I'd love to see what you come up with. It's a lot of fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2011 9:39:50 AM PDT
Thanks so much for the info!
My daughter is getting to that age when everything glittery is soooo attractive: I am going to try and find a sealant and get ready to glitter the whole house!
Cheers!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2011 11:43:56 AM PDT
Sounds like a great project. Post some photos of it when you're done.

Have fun!

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 9:08:20 AM PDT
c.m. says:
how fun are the shoes! plus good review of the glitter...thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2011 9:34:35 AM PDT
Thanks! It's good glitter.

Posted on Apr 10, 2011 7:13:54 AM PDT
Tech Gurl says:
Claire would love it if you posted a video on YouTube showing your shoes and maybe a showing a project with shoes and glitter. Really loved your shoes. Really couldnt enjoy the video review you posted fully as I couldnt increase the volume to an audible level. Maybe others havent had this problem. Lovely work, please post a vid. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2011 6:36:29 AM PDT
Yeah, I see what you mean about the sound. If I get some time I'll render it again at a higher volume. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have some additional video of the shoe project in process, if I have some extra time I'll put together something on how to decorate shoes like this.

Thanks for the comment!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (121 customer reviews)

$29.99 $18.40