Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this for additional operating instructions!, December 25, 2013
This review is from: Abco Tech Water Resistant Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker with Suction Cup and Hands-Free Speakerphone, Pink (Electronics)
I love this Abco Tech Bluetooth waterproof speaker! I enjoy taking long hot baths and like to listen to audiobooks and podcasts. It was always hard to hear them with my iPhone over on the sink top since I didn't dare to sit it on the side of the tub. This cute little unit can sit right there with you on the side of the tub, or attach to the shower wall with it's suction cup. I am very happy with the sound quality and the ample volume. The features are very useful, however the included instructions leave a lot to be desired. I read other reviews that complained about insufficient volume levels, but if they had read the other reviews or read the instructions, they would have known that in addition to your phone or iPad's volume control, you can get an additional volume boost by using the buttons on the unit. I noticed that there were no instructions for certain features, such as accessing Siri or turning off the unit. I experimented and wrote down what worked for me and wanted to post it here in the hopes of helping others to enjoy this super cool unit and hopefully to prevent disappointment and unnecessary returns.

Here are some additional operating instructions:

To turn on:
Long press the power button until you hear ascending tones. You will hear one more tone as it connects via Bluetooth.

To turn off:
Long press the power button until you hear one long tone followed by four quick descending tones.

To call the last number dialed:
Press and hold the call button till you hear the long tone.

To hang up:
Short press the call button one time.

To access Siri:
Two short presses on the call button.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2014 5:20:42 PM PST
Thanks for the Siri tip!

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 5:30:16 PM PDT
Thank you. Got the speaker yesterday and someone threw out the instructions before I could read them. This helps a lot.

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 9:32:57 PM PDT
Thanks for this. Just a heads up to anyone looking. There are bunch of these generic speakers floating around with different labels or brands on the. They all seem to follow the same shortcuts that you listed above. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off or start Siri from the extremely short instructions that came with my speaker.

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 12:10:31 PM PDT
I bought the version with the FM radio, but can't seem to activate Siri even though the page says it's compatible. Two quick presses of the of the call button don't seem to work for me. :(

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 8:15:11 AM PST
Laura says:
2 short presses of the call button does not access Siri for me. Instead, it calls back the last number. This is what the printed instructions say will happen too.

Any other instructions for how to access Siri?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2014 8:02:36 PM PST
Since this isn't working for you I wonder if they have come up with a new model that works a little differently. After I do two quick short presses on the call button I hear two tones followed by Siri's tone. Then when I ask Siri a question she responds. Try experimenting, that's how I figured it out. Hopefully you can get Siri to work with it. Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2014 8:03:00 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2014 8:29:35 PM PST
Laura says:
I figured out what happened! You see, the first time I ordered the speaker it did not come with instructions or a charging cable. So I reordered it through Amazon and it arrived in 2 days. I hadn't sent the first one back yet. Well, the 2nd one they sent me, the one where Siri isn't working, must be a generic! It does not have the Abco label anywhere on it. The instructions even say that double tapping the phone button calls back the last number.

So I tried the 1st one they sent me, which DOES have the Abco label on it, and Siri works by double tapping the phone icon. So first I get sent one that is missing the charging cable and instructions. And then I am sent one that is a knock off! Not cool.

And by the way, the both have a sound delay. I took a bath and propped my laptop up to watch a movie. I used this speaker as my speaker for the movie. Huge sound delay. Couldn't use it to watch the movie. But, no biggie. I don't plan on watching much as I shower. Hopefully there isn't too much of a delay if I am using the phone.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›