5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the Fisher Price counterpart!, January 3, 2010
This review is from: VTech Kidizoom Camera - 2010 Version (Toy)
I purchased this camera for my youngest who is not quite 3 as a Christmas present. My older daughter has the Fisher Price Kidtough camera and we were not very satisfied with it so we wanted to see how this one compared.

Pros:

Durable - it has been dropped a few times already and sustained no damage.

User Friendly - good size for a preschooler, not awkward like the FP camera is in small hands. The buttons, overall shape and size, interface, and layout are all done nicely.

Doesn't drain the batteries - The FP one is AWFUL about that. Batteries were lucky to last a day in the FP one so we invested in rechargeables which can be a pain. We anticipated the same issue with this one but were pleasantly surprised! Nearly two weeks later we have not had to replace the factory batteries at all. The FP one has since been ignored and this is the only one either of daughters will play with now.

Features - They games are simple and easy to use. A bit over the 2 year old's head, but the 4 year old enjoys them. We have not dabbled much with the photo editing, but it seems fun. Probably something an older child would enjoy more.

Neutral:

Resolution - I didn't know how to rate this. The FP one is terrible, 99% I can't make out. This one is a lot better but still has much room for imnprovement. Mine don't notice this, but I think 6 or 7 year old would definitely want something better.

LCD screen - is not so small that it's ill-functioning but could stand to be a bit bigger.

~I usually go by the rule of thumb, you get what you pay for but this has definitely not been the case between the VTech Kidizoom and the Fisher-Price Kidtough. I was able to find this camera for $20 just before Christmas, and this one the best deal I have seen is $40. I only paid $20, but definitely think it's worth the $40 price tag. We will be buying a second one soon as the two kids fight over this one.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]