Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

4.0 out of 5 stars Earlier issues resolved, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Quicken Deluxe 2013 [OLD VERSION] (Software)
I've been a Quicken user for 23 years (since 1990). I started out upgrading every year, but after a few less-than-great versions I became more selective about buying upgrades. My Quicken 2010 Deluxe was almost to end-of-life (with regard to transaction downloads), so I had to decide whether to purchase the new 2013 version, or perhaps find a 2012 copy. Reading all the negative reviews here on Amazon initially scared me off 2013, but as I monitored reviews across the Internet it appeared to be getting better. I put in my Christmas gift request for 2013 Deluxe, and am happy to report that my transition from Q10 to Q13 has been very smooth. The new version automatically uninstalled my Q10, installed Q13, and updated it with all the patches (release 10). I had almost 200,000 entries that converted without any issue, and all my stock history came across cleanly as well. I was concerned they'd changed the user interface dramatically between 2010 and 2013, but I was able to navigate without problems as soon as the new version opened. I created my Quicken mobile CLOUD ID from within the PC software, specified the subset of accounts I wanted to access from my iPad, and waited as it synched the necessary info to the cloud. With the iPad app installed, I was able to review my information without any problems. I haven't used it long enough to say with certainty there aren't any remaining issues, but it appears all of the issues that led to 1-star reviews early on have been addressed. Any of you on 2010 that are looking at 2013 and wondering if it will be okay, I can report that I'm a happy upgrade customer.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 4, 2013 10:28:28 AM PST
HoosierJMFan says:
I also have been hesitant to move from Quicken 2010, thank you for the update.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 11:16:41 AM PST
R. Major says:
Thank you. I'm in the same boat with Quicken 2010 and was initially going to simply upgrade to the Qucken Starter version but apparently that doesn't convert the earlier 2010 data as easily as the Deluxe version. Thanks for the review.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 9:05:12 AM PST
nursetype says:
Thank you for the report. I've been using Quicken for 15 years, and REALLY was hesitant on getting the 2013 (currently have 2010) as there are always glitches, even with my last upgrade. I do love the software though. I appreciate the info you provided. April 30th, 2013 is when the 2010 product online balances, transactions, services and other online features will no longer work (but the program you can still use I guess, but how good is that if you can't update anything?). Got till then I guess to bite the bullet.

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 6:23:29 PM PST
Quicken 2010 has never worked as intended to direct connect to my bank to automatically download transactions. You can download manually, but there's far too much chance of overlapping transactions doing that. You have to keep track of last update, and even if you put in the same date, if a transaction cleared during that time, it might or not download.
And it has never been able to download transactions from my wifes 401k with Oppenheimer. Not like thats a small unheard of brokerage house.
And a web search shows I'm not alone. There's a plethora of complains about this same problem. Seems like Quicken isn't too interested in real improvement.
Now I wonder if they've really updated it, or just pretty-ed it up some.
If it just looks different, and works as poorly I'm shopping for another program.

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 8:21:38 AM PST
Mantini100 says:
By Mantini100

I was not really happy when you said you were not going to continue support of Q10. It was all I needed. The transfer to Q13 was not hard, I'm 85, not a nerd and need things to be simple. The transfer was just that. It does all that Q10 did and I'm sure I'll find other uses as I work with the sistem. Being able to look look at my accounts and credit cards every day takes a lot of stress out of my life.

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 11:32:53 AM PST
I too had to switch from Q10 recently and took the plunge to Q13. I'd agree with most of you commentary all data converted without a problem, but I still miss the interface from Q10.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 6:41:42 PM PST
Rustysfriend says:
I upgraded a couple of months ago mainly because I wanted the ability to enter transactions on my Iphone or Ipad and sync them to my desktop. I felt like it was working pretty well and then some very old transactions deleted every time I synced and my bank accounts no longer reconciled. After trying to find an answer on Quicken.com, I was pretty frustrated. Then I googled the Quicken Mobile sync problem and discovered that there is a patch that supposedly fixes this. I have downloaded the patch and now we'll see if it works. I don't know why Quicken just can't send out an alert about known problems and let us know up front if there is a patch. Why do we have to search to find it?

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 2:15:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2013 2:18:48 PM PST
Mani says:
Quicken Deluxe 2013 [Download]
ehague,
What do you mean by 'My Quicken 2010 Deluxe was almost to end-of-life(with regard to transaction downloads). I am currently on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 3:10:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2013 3:14:13 PM PST
Papa Steve says:
It means after April 30th, when you try to download transactions, all you will get is a photo of Intuit's middle finger.
If you wish to continue using "One Step Update", they expect you to pay for another "upgrade".

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 11:31:58 AM PST
Anita says:
I have had trouble with 2013 and now am unable to use it. i too upgrade from Q10, HATE the new version full of all kinds of bugs
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›