5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, August 2, 2009
This review is from: Nioxin Cleanser, System 1 (Fine Hair/Normal to Thin-Looking) Shampoo, 33.8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I am a sixty year old Asian American male and have been using Nioxin about eleven months as of this writing and highly recommend it for guys with thinning hair.

I don't think it's meant to replace hair nor stop hair loss specifically; I started using Nioxin at the recommendation of my hair cutter who had other male clients whose thin hair came back over time. I started using it for about 2 months and didn't notice anything and by that time had migrated (for style reasons) to another hairdresser. I told her I was using Nioxin and she said that that's what her and her salon uses to treat thinning hair - at that point I thought I must be on the right path.

Everyone told me it takes about six months to see any results though after about four months I thought I was improving. Now at eleven months it's definite, the thin patches of hair where I could see down to my scalp are gone.

I use the Nioxin 3 system product because I color my hair which consists of a shampoo, conditioner and a leave-in spray treatment. All are easy to use and leave my hair in good shape. The leave-in spray is a little sticky right after using it but in an hour or more that goes away and your hair is normal.

I have never experienced any irritation or itching nor did I lose any hair initially as some people have reported. I find the price reasonable and the system is easy and effective for hair thinning problems. I do not think Nioxin is marketed for anything other than thinning hair and they never say that it prevents hair loss or creates more or new hair, it just creates the appearance of fuller hair for those whose hair is thinning.

Highly recommended for fixing thinning hair, but you must give it time!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 17, 2010 5:13:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2010 5:22:06 AM PDT
Oneday says:
Hi Design49er,
can you elaborate on the condition of your hair prior to using Nioxin? Did you have thinning only at the top of your head possibly just the crown(male pattern baldness), or was it thinning on all surfaces? Was your hair thinner in the 2nd month of use?

I'm an Asian American as well and have been using Nioxin for 2 months. In the first month, i was losing about 50-100 hairs a day and this occurred on every side of my head (top, back, left, and right). In the 2nd month, I noticed that the hairs that I'd lost in the 1st month of use was growing back but it was much finer and thinner than before (very scary). Now, the overall thickness on my head is half what it was prior to starting Nioxin.

Personally, i want Nixon to work and will use it for the rest of my life :), however with my hair becoming thinner, I don't know if I should quit Nioxin or continue. Everyones body chemistry is different, what works for others may not work for some. This is why, i'm seeking your advice and get a little feedback on your precondition.

thank you!