5.0 out of 5 stars This book is for everyone - a quick way to learn a lot!!!!, January 7, 2009
This review is from: Suze Orman's 2009 Action Plan: Keeping Your Money Safe & Sound (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought Suze's new 2009 Action Plan book and read it quickly. It is a small paperback book and it is one you'll have trouble putting down, once you start reading. The book's opening line of "I bet you are scared. Angry, too. And confused." probably describes most of America.
Before reading this book, I felt I had a pretty good understanding of the current financial crisis and how and why it happened. It turns out, I didn't understand it completely. After reading the 10 pages in chapter 2: A Brief History of How We Got Here - I really really get it now. Suze has the ability to explain years of history in a clear, concise manner. I am 100% certain my clearer understanding is going to allow me to make better financial decisions in the future.
I feel this book is a "must read" for everyone, whether you are young or old; have credit card debt or not; own a house or have recently had to let one go; have sizeable savings, 401k's, investments and such or little or none; have a secure job or are now unemployed, and so on.....the reality is that you HAVE TO HAVE A PLAN. This book is going to give you one. If you sit back and try and wait this financial storm out without a rock solid plan or continue to procrastinate even a little longer about making important financial decisions, your financial security is at risk. I believe that after you read this book, you'll feel like I do. You'll be inspired to take action and these actions will allow you to reach your long-term goals. Knowing that we are in for some tough times ahead and having a plan is going to be key.
Grab a cup of coffee, this book and set aside a few hours..you'll be amazed how much you learn and how good you will feel when you're done reading.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 21, 2009 8:15:29 AM PST
Knipfty says:
RJJ, I'm glad you found the book wonderful and full of useful information. So now what is you plan based on this book? My problem with the book is that there is no plan in it. So are you building an emergency fund? Paying off debts? Saving for college for your kids? Paying down on your mortgage? Or investing in your 401k/IRA? And in which order since you probably don't have the income to do all these things at once? And since you have to choose between all these objects, which order do you do it in?

This is my problem with this so called "Action Plan" for 2009. It's really not a plan but a bunch of information (some of it just plain wrong). And why do we need a new action plan for 2009? Will this plan also work in 2010 or 2011? A really good plan should need to changed based on the economy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2009 12:39:03 PM PST
Guy Tedesco says:
i think suze just wanted to write another book for more money,no?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2009 2:32:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2009 3:33:23 PM PST
Does Suzie give legal advice on investment strategies? I've heard she does Wills and Trusts and all kinds of estate planning, but I never hear her say much about when you need a lawyer.

Posted on Feb 20, 2009 8:36:43 AM PST
RJJ's review has motivated me to obtain this book. He provided me with specifics regarding the positive impact reading this book would have on me and gave me the information I desired regarding the length of time I'd need to devote to it, it's capacity to hold my interest and what I would gain by reading it. This review was informative and helpful and NOT an ego-trip for the author! Thanks, RJJ, for sharing your opinion!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2009 12:37:34 PM PST
RJJ says:
Thanks, Joan. I'm glad you were motivated to purchase Suze's book. Since writing this review more than a month ago, I can't tell you how many times I've gone back to the Action Plan book and pulled out additional bits of information. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I have.

Thanks again for the positive feedback.

RJJ

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2009 12:41:29 PM PST
RJJ says:
Hey Guy - I really don't understand why you would take the time to go through so many of the reviews on the Action Plan book and post comments like this - what is your deal? It seems like you have a problem with the author, not the book, no?

You can keep doing what you do, it is your right, but I find your hateful comments annoying.

RJJ

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2009 8:18:21 PM PST
Guy Tedesco says:
forget about my motivations. i speak the truth. you would do better if you went to a fee-only financial advisor in your neighborhood for help, rather than listen to suze orman. she seems to have a cult following. as far as i can see she is simply another self-promoter. if you want to be a follower go ahead, it's a free country.

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 5:05:56 PM PDT
Due to your insightful review, RJJ, I purchased Suze's 2009 Action Plan book. I found it informative, provocative, and an easy read.
Regards ...

Reggie Johnson, Author, How to Close More Customers

Posted on Feb 21, 2010 10:16:37 AM PST
SNOOKIE says:
I agree with this poster. This a good book for all investors. I recently read a book by Gordon Eade on Index mutual funds His work was recently reviewed by one of his peers and here is what was said about Mr. Eade's book. "Finally, the hype from Wall Street is demystified and distilled into simplicity. This little book provides all the information necessary to invest wisely and successfully. So many other books treat investing as a complex activity where success can only be reached with the skills and knowledge of the author. This book uses an opposite approach of supplying just their essentials, yet the straightforward steps given are verified by academics and proven in practice. The motivation for this investing style is described and contrasted with the general advice from the investing industry. Clear examples and concrete recommendations are given."google GORDON L. EADE TO FIND HIS BOOK
‹ Previous 1 Next ›