5.0 out of 5 stars Love these speakers, August 25, 2012
This review is from: Energy Veritas V-6.2 Floorstanding 2.5-Way Speaker - Each (Piano Rosenut) (Electronics)
Very good price- good quality product- good packaging= NO damage -- shipment arrived on time-UPS delivered the product into the garage (109 pounds). I connected the speakers, they sound like $1200 speakers each but cost only $299 each delivered ---- I could not be more pleased with the COSt and with the performance. The product exceeds my expectations in every way. These Energy V6.2 speakers look really good. The rosenut finish is high quality. I use them mostly for music of all types. I would rate the high range and mid range frequencies as very clear, clean and well balanced. The lows are clear and tight, not boomy.

Have played them for a week and they are sounding better and better. The room they are in is 20' x 40' with 10 foot ceilings - no problem - music fills the room. The CD player is a Sony XA7ES. Preamp is McIntosh C42. Two amps one for each speaker in bridged mode are McIntosh 275 tube amps pushing 150 watts to each speaker.

Each of the two woofers has a high quality rear port. I like to understand how each of the components in the system works. Here is what I have figured out on these speakers. Both woofers are pumping at frequencies from 33hz to 700 hz. The 33hz low end is the manufacturers speclow end. However, in my opinion these 6.5 inch woofers are not the optimal low end drivers between 33hz and 50 hz. I do believe there is some audio output at the sub35 hz level, but the volume is quite low. In my opinion these speakers operate flawlessly down to about 50 hz, then drop off in volume from there down to 33 HZ. I played Emerson Lake and Palmers "Lucky Man" and ALL the notes on that welll recorded music piece sounded clear and great. These speakers would rival any speakers even double the retail price of $1200 dollars each for the playing of that tune. Then, I played Emerson Lake and Palmers "Tank". This piece is LOADED with low end drums. On this classic "pounder" piece, the speakers fell well short-- I mean WAY WAY short of adequate performance. However I have played this piece for decades and know that to hear it as it should be heard it would rattle not only the windows but would also shake the walls. Proper playing of Tank requires not just any subwoofer, but a very high powered, high quality subwoofer, which I do not have at this time. In my opinion, any speaker regardless of price that loses volume below 50hz cannot play TANK(and there are many very high cost systems out there that do not do well under 50 hz). In my view the 6.2's are designed to mate with a quality subwoofer like many high end speakers are.

Both 6.2 woofers are pumping up to a frequency of 700 hz at which point, one of the woofers is crossover dropped off and the other one handles the midrange up to 1900 hz. Above 1900 hz crossover, the tweeter takes over.
This a 2.5 way speaker. This makes sense as the low end takes more power hence two drivers - where one of the high quality drivers is good between 700hz and 1900hz and proabably preferred to provide a flat db response curve throughou the range. My guess is the response curve for these speakers is pretty flat from 50 to 25K herz. Dropping off below 50 hz.

I am very please with these speakers and, in my opinion, I would need to buy Salk H3's ( which I cannot afford) to improve on these.
I do plan to add a subwoofer to the set up soon.-- May even build my own subwoofer to get the driver that I want- with a dedicated Amp. ... Yes I am 5 star happy with these Veritas 6.2 speakers. Really Good Value.

[Add comment]