1,041 of 1,088 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars What are you waiting for???, September 23, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: KitchenAid KSM150PSGR Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer, Imperial Gray (Kitchen)
I love this thing! I have friends who've had KitchenAid mixers for years and they've always raved about their quality and durability. Well, I finally went for it and I have absolutely no regrets. You want to talk about a solid piece of kitchen machinery? This is the epitome of what "Made in America" used to mean! Unlike all the cheapo mixers out there, I'm completely confident that this thing will even outlast ME! The only problem is now I'm wondering why I waited so long!
-----> This may help some of you - I read a review somewhere in which the reviewer gave this mixer a poor rating because it left dry ingredients in the bottom of the bowl - read the instruction booklet, people. It clearly states that if this occurs (or if the attachments scrape the bowl), there is an adjustment screw that raises or lowers the mixing assembly. I had to slightly lower mine and it now incorporates everything into the mix. The KitchenAid mixers are well worth the money....or you can keep buying junk mixers every couple years...the choice is yours.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 30, 2007 10:38:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2007 10:46:22 AM PST
T. Moon says:
Please note that these mixers ARE NOT made in America. The country of origin is clearly stated on the packaging.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2007 12:23:12 AM PDT
Pete Simon says:
I thought they were made in USA too. So where ARE they made?

Posted on Oct 6, 2007 9:20:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2007 9:21:23 AM PDT
airkat says:
As far as I understand it, KitchenAid mixers are made in Greenville, Ohio. See http://travel.discovery.com/ for information about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2008 6:46:36 AM PST
Roukas says:
Strange! here, under "Technical Data", it states "Country of manufacture: USA"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2008 6:00:27 PM PST
I have the original box my mixer (5qt Artisan Chrome Metallic) came in 2 years ago. It clearly states on the box "Proudly Assembled in Greenville, Ohio."

Perhaps they have since moved some production to China? Or it might be depending on color? I recently purchased a KA Immersion Blender specifically b/c Amazon had it listed as being manufactured in the US. However when I received it I noticed the box says it's Made in China.

Posted on Aug 14, 2008 5:00:26 PM PDT
KITCHENAID™ EXPERIENCE & FACTORY TOURS
Open: Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Sunday from Noon - 5:00 p.m. (Factory Tours are offered weekdays from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.)

Location: 423 South Broadway in Greenville, Ohio 45331

Phone: 1-888-886-8318

Proclaimed to be more than a store, it's a mixing, blending, slicing, juicing culinary adventure!

Learn new cooking skills by attending the many cooking classes offered that promise to stir up fun in eight interactive areas. Each class allows you to roll up your sleeves and use the KitchenAid™ products, learn various techniques and more. Free Live! Cooking Shows weekdays at 2:30, weekends at 12:30 - no reservations needed.
Factory Outlet shopping is avialbale downstairs where the heritage exhibits are displayed. These authentic KitchenAid™ artifacts are used to tell the history of an ever-evolving iconic American company. It explains how products were improved and refined over the years since 1919 when the first stand mixer was introduced. An original Model H KitchenAid™ stand mixer is also exhibited.

Tour the nearby mixing factory and see firsthand how the entire manufacturing process works. The tour enables visitors to see a stand mixer move to the final stage of assembly by peeking over the shoulder of an assembly line worker.

Return to OhioTraveler.com's Fantastic Tours & Demonstrations

Posted on Oct 27, 2008 8:54:02 AM PDT
Sherlock says:
Two days ago, I bought the KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer. I deliberated for several weeks before buying the mixer because of the diverse review: great vs junk. I bought the stand mixer specifically to make yeast breads. I read all the instructions thoroughly and made a recipe using 6 cups of flour. (the instructions say that I could use up to 9 cups of flour for recipes). With the speed at 2 (never more), I incorporated the 6 cups of flour without problem, but as the kneading began to incorporate the flour into a ball, the motor head started wobbling from side to side. Then the dough crept up on the dough hook shaft and got stuck in the lubricating grease. Yuck. I threw away the bit of greased dough and monitored to the process more closely, stopping the machine and moving the dough away from the top of the dough hook shaft when it started to creep up. I called KitchenAid this morning and explained the problem. I was told that this is a rare problem but occasionally a screw loosens in shipping. I was instructed to turn the machine on its side and tighten a screw that was in the hollow of the the stand at the junction of the motor head and the stem. I was able to turn the screw a few degrees only. I then tried the recipe again with the exact same results. I am very frustrated. Without spending a thousands of dollars for a Hobart 50, I am at loss for how to find an affordable stand mixer. Has anyone else had the wobbly motor head experience with the Artisan Kitchenaid mixer? Any advice?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008 6:16:49 AM PST
A. Rosenbaum says:
I have the exact same problem with my stand mixer. I thought that was just the way they operated. It still mixes well, but I must say that the wobble is annoying. I have had the mixer for several years and it has had this problem from the beginning. I read your post because I was thinking of moving up to the professional mixer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2009 9:49:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2009 9:52:36 PM PST
Anonymous says:

Posted on Jul 8, 2009 12:56:25 PM PDT
I don't have this mixer myself, so I can't say for sure, but if it says, "Proudly assembled in Ohio," it doesn't mean the parts were made in Ohio or anywhere in the USA. Just wanted to point that out. For all we know, all or some of the parts may have been made in other countries.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (42 customer reviews)

$349.99 $339.00