1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but it's really a trollop - neither one worked, February 23, 2011
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 - Loch Ness Gray (Personal Computers)
Pro's:
Nice size
Looks great
Nano receiver

Con's:
wheel button is clunky (it's hard to feel when it has been clicked or scrolled)
incredibly loud (sharp) left and right button clicking
battery life

This mouse looked so great. I read the negative reviews before I bought it and still talked myself into getting it. It's sleek and pretty and it just looks cool - but that's pretty much where it ends.

The middle wheel is absolutely horrible. The first one I bought wouldn't scroll up and down or zoom in and out of ANY application on my computer(Word, iTunes, AutoCAD, 3ds Max, Photoshop, Safari or Internet Explorer).

The second one I bought (yes I'm an idiot, but it was SO pretty!) lasted for maybe a week. Then the wheel quit again. I hung on to it for a couple more weeks hoping to coax it into functionality. But no, it's dead and I hate it.

Everything else worked well. I had no problems from the nano receiver, or the optical sensor. It installed easily (when I say "easily"
I mean that I put the nano receiver in the USB port and it installed itself with n'ery a click from me).

The left and right buttons worked fine, but were INCREDIBLY loud! I read some other reviews that mentioned that the buttons were loud and I thought "oh boo-hoo! my mouse is too loud!" Yeah, well, it really is. You wouldn't think it would be annoying, but after about the 50th click you start dreading the next time you'll have to.

Even if the next one I bought would work perfectly (i.e. the mouse wheel)...I'd still get something else. The left and right buttons are just annoying. And let's face it - computers are aggravating enough without an explosive "CLICK" from your non-functioning mouse that feels as though your inner-ear has just been punctured.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 8, 2013 8:30:27 AM PDT
Sounds like there's a physical problem. I've had mine for about a month, and the clicking sounds the same as my old wired mouse, and every other mouse I've had over the past 20-odd years - just loud enough so you know you've clicked it. I rarely use the wheel, but it works fine.

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 9:07:11 PM PST
Thanks for letting your sense-of-humor kick in. I got a good chuckle from your descriptive title.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2014 12:09:50 PM PST
GJL says:
Re: title
Are we maligning Anthony's work ethic?

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 7:04:28 PM PDT
Mister Sam says:
Agreed on the scroll wheel. First of all, it's got a "mushy" feel that I never liked. Then the center-click function works maybe one out of three times. Finally, after nearly two years it refuses to scroll up. Tried it on multiple computers -- the mouse is ruined for me if it doesn't scroll, and since it no longer scrolls up, I had to replace it. It wasn't expensive so I can't really complain about getting nearly two years of service out of it, but I was never crazy about that scroll wheel. The wheel on the ultra-cheap Anker I just received to replace this is far superior.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014 1:03:43 PM PST
I had exactly the same issues. The scroll wheel is unusable.

Posted on Nov 29, 2014 1:40:24 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 30, 2014 4:55:31 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (2,211 customer reviews)
 (1,476)