5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe these reviews!, August 2, 2005
This review is from: Cyber Acoustics CA-3550 2.1 Computer Speaker System - Silver (Personal Computers)
I've been using these speakers for maybe a couple of years now. I am in the process of looking for speakers for my wife's computer, and I was surprised to see these still available. Everyone who has heard these speakers played off my laptop (currently a Sony Vaio) are floored! I can't believe the bad reviews! And when I tell people that they only cost $40 they just can't believe it!

I wouldn't classify myself as an audio snob, but I do have a multi-$k home system, and a Mark Levinson system in my car, so I know what great sound sounds like. These speakers are clear and crisp, have incredible bass, and have the power to be played rather loudly. I'm right now listening to Real Jazz on XM, and the sound is clean. The bass can be a little boomy, but it is separately adjustable, and hey, these are $40 speakers!!

For those who think these speakers have poor sound, I have to believe that this is due either to (a) a poor sound card, or (b) limited bandwidth for achieving high fidelity.

I have had absolutely no problems with these speakers. I've knocked them off the desk multiple times, and the wiring continues to hold up. In fact, I like these so much that not only am I going to buy another set for my wife, but I also bought a system for my office. Unfortunately, that was a cheaper set, and the sound isn't quite as outstanding, but still I have had no problem with their reliability.

If they were $400 I wouldn't rate them this highly, but for $40 they're 5 stars!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 21, 2010 9:13:08 AM PST
rdg says:
I agree I've had a set of these for several years. They sound great. They have plenty of bass, mids and highs are nice also! I guess some people do not know how to use the equalizer feature in Windows Media Player or Itunes, a few adjustments and these really sound good! I did not buy mine from Amazon so I paid alot more for them. But they are a great value anyway!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 7:13:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2013 7:14:41 AM PST
Spirit Wolf says:
I too have had these speakers for the last 3 years and they are still like the first day I got them and I'm planning on getting another set for my husband next month. These are good speakers for computers, especially when you watch Movies or Listen To Music.

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 5:44:45 PM PST
Florida Phil says:
I agree with you 100%. I own 4 sets of these and am looking to buy 2 more. These are by far the best PC speakers I have ever owned. They crank plenty loud for a 43 year old man who still likes it loud once in a while and the sound is awesome. I guess if you like hip hop and want the windows to shake with the bass, you won't get that but if you like listening to music at typical levels, you seriously can't beat these - its not a component system afterall so you can't compare it to the stereo in your living room. My first set is about 3 or 4 years old now and sounds like it did on Day 1. Everything still functions fine and this is on my main PC - 9 hours a day, 365 days per year.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›