5.0 out of 5 stars RPG to go!, November 1, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Edition - PlayStation Vita (Video Game)
I received the Mercenary Edition of Ragnarok Odyssey (hereon abbreviated to RO) earlier today and am glad I picked this game up. From the get-go, a few things resonate this games predecessor Ragnarok Online, but is different enough that it doesn't feel old or outdated. Gameplay is structured around the completion of picked up missions/quests, which are obtained from either the guild's or pub's counter. Unfortunately, there aren't any additional cities/towns to explore and this may disappoint some players.

In regards to how the box or bonuses look, I won't be covering it as others have already done so. However, for those collectors out there or those who want to gift this, the extras are nice for the extra 10 USD (especially when other games easily charge 20+ USD for extras/preorder bonuses).

Experiencing all the missions in RO took me roughly 70 hours; that aside, there are still many hidden crafting quests that I have not finished finding so I cannot say that I've fully completed this game. The drop rates for most items are fairly decent and frequent that I don't really find myself getting annoyed unless it's that rare boss material/drop. Progress may feel a bit slow to some, but I honestly liked the pace since it gave me time to polish up my timing and learn new combos.

There is a trading feature that wasn't entirely obvious and utilizes the PSV app called Near. As far as I can tell currently, you can only trade one item at a time. The nice thing about this system is that you don't really lose the item itself as a copy is sent to the recipient, but an individual character may only have 5 items obtained from Near. Any additional ones will require you to sell off a previously picked up one to make room for another.

Overall, it is a fun game that any RPGer or MMO gamer will enjoy (especially since it's portable). Recommended.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 21, 2013 1:45:00 AM PST
skidpro says:
How does this game in a EU PS Vita? I dont want the hassle of creating false USA accounts and reseting the darn PS Vita everuytime with a different memory card? Can I play it on EU PSN on EU PS Vita without looking into US accounts etc?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 12:03:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 12:04:32 PM PST
V. Sun says:
In all honesty, I don't know the answer to this one so don't take my full word on this. From my understanding about the different versions of the game, you should be able to play it but will be connected with the US servers for online play as opposed to European ones.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 12:14:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 12:16:44 PM PST
skidpro says:
Basically, if the game has DLC available in the futi
ure, if I use a EU PS Vita with EU account I cannot get the DLC as its on the US PS Store there the Vita requires a memory card with US account on it and a memory card for EU account for the DLC etc....Has it got DLC? will there be DLC? if not its ok to get it as people import and you can play in UK on US servers and use near, but DLC requires a USStore access as the DLC is region locked, .like PS3 games, US games play on EU PS3, but the DLC has to be gotton from the US store to play it (DLC).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 2:55:51 PM PST
V. Sun says:
In regards to DLC, any/all DLC releases for the US version of Ragnarok Odyssey will be region-locked to the US PSN store. There isn't a way around this unfortunately (aside from tying a US PSN account to another memory card).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 3:05:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 3:06:53 PM PST
skidpro says:
well I did some hunting and see that it is out in the UK? But I cannot find it, then I see it, it is on the EU PS VITA Store for Digital Download only at £24.99 and DLC is coming which will work with this download. EU is just a download and DLC, but the US get a nice physical copy and neat artbooks etc....but my problem is resolved, I got off theEU PSN Vita store, 1.5GB and looking at classes to start out with.....lucky I just got a 32GB memory card as well as my original 16GB...so thanks:)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 3:36:24 PM PST
V. Sun says:
No problem and happy leveling!

Posted on Jun 1, 2013 12:04:21 AM PDT
Maggard says:
Does the Collector's Edition come with any D/L Codes? I am wondering if "USED" is an option, but know any codes would most likely be used already.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2013 11:08:01 AM PDT
V. Sun says:
RO does not have any product codes or serial numbers that need to registered; so, if you buy used or borrow from a friend, you shouldn't have any issue. In fact, if you end up sharing your copy with family or friends, character data (tied to your PSN) can also backed up to online servers.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›