Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit everytime, September 1, 2013
This review is from: SlideBelts Men's Gunmetal Leather Belt - Custom Fit (Apparel)
I started looking around for a belt like this after hearing about ratcheting belts from a friend. The release mechanism on those was a lever at the top side of the buckle that looked like it would be poking me in the stomach when ever I sat down. I was not really a fan of the style of the buckles either.

After several days of searching I finally decided on the Slide belt. The styling of the buckle is much cleaner with no branding than any other offering I found. Also the release is built into the face of the buckle. The outer rim of the buckle lifts and releases the belt.

Another thing I really like about this belt is the simplicity of the buckle mechanism. There is only one moving part and a spring.

Another reviewer mentioned that the buckle connection to the belt would not close flush. Once you attach the belt to the buckle and have pressed the flap down as far as it will go, pull on the belt as if trying to pull it out of the buckle. This will finish setting the connection and the flap will be flush then.

I love the perfect fit that the 1/4 in steps gives, and that it never randomly comes loose like some other belts I have had.

I only have two negative. First is the quality of the leather. It looks great and feels great, but after about 1 month small stringy bits started to show up on the top and bottom edges. Not sure what it is, but when I pull on them a strip of black comes off the belt. The finish on the belt where it came from is duller than the rest and the texture seems to be gone as well. Thus far this seems to be an aesthetic issue only. Secondly, the buckle can still poke me in the stomach at times when I am sitting. Though when wearing an undershirt it is not an issue. In the belts defense, I do have a bit of a large gut.

Edit 06-16-15: after more than a year the belt leather is begining to fail. The buckle has ripped out the end of the leather a few times and there is a large crack developing in the middle of the belt. It is close to causing the entire leather to to break in two. They have upgraded to a new leather type (three options actually) so this should not be an issue any longer. They also reached out an offered to replace my leather about a year ago (I missed the offer and that is why I still have the original).

The buckles finish has started to wear off in a few places. I attribute that to skin oils and friction. It is only on the upper edge where the buckle rests against my stomach. Use of an undershirt would likely prevent this.

All in all it is a great belt and I would still recommend it, especially with the new leather options. I am currently looking to replace the leather with one of the newer offerings.

[Add comment]