4.0 out of 5 stars great watch, October 28, 2009
This review is from: Casio Men's Pathfinder Triple Sensor Altimeter/Barometer/Digital Compass Watch #PAG40-3V (Watch)
My first one last through 3 assignments in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. Half the team wore this watch and the other half the Suunto Vector. Must of us owned both. I found the Casio Pathfinder easier to use.

The only issue I had with my watch is sometimes it went into conflict and went through all the modes and would not stop until the batteries were removed. I was the only one that had this issue.

We worked in extreme enviroments and the watch took a beating. Sand Storms, attacks of all types, crashes, high heat 125 - 130 degrees. Cold below zero for long periods. All the features were a great asset to all of us. We often compared data with our other instruments like GPS and other sensors we had. The watch was close.

The large dial is a plus in the field. I would still have the first one but when I took it to a watch shop for new batteries, it was not sealed properly and on a swim exercise it leaked.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2009 2:59:44 PM PDT
Bo says:
That is the Auto Display Function feature. You can turn it on and off pushing the Mode button for 3 seconds until a beep is heard.

Posted on Oct 29, 2009 4:47:15 PM PDT
Thanks

Posted on Jan 18, 2010 7:32:32 AM PST
J Turner says:
I received one for Christmas - based on your great review. Also, on the display cycling, they've included info about it in the packaging now, obviously you weren't the only one to experience this. I quoted your review on a recent "Hawksbill Cabin" blog post - check the tech-watch geek label. Thanks for a great review, it was the decider for me!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010 10:52:27 AM PST
I read your post on Hawksbill Cabin. Great job. I am glad my review was read. The more you play with the watch the easier it is to use. I still use my Pathfind anytime I am in the woods or on the water. My brother a Fire Fighter saw a pic of me in Iraq with my bosses and team mates, he noticed the patherfinder and purchased one. I noticed on the news of Hati some U.S. special operators wearing Pathfinders. Good Luck with yours.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›