Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Labor Day Savings with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more

5.0 out of 5 stars NECTAR OF THE GODS, August 15, 2009
This is IT. The most divine food ever. If you like coconut and you haven't tried Artisana's Raw Organic Coconut Butter, you are in for the most sublime treat. You can eat it right out of the jar, put it in smoothies, spread it on toast, put it on veggies instead of butter, make frosting, put it in your curry, mix it up in raw food bars--perfect for kids' breakfasts or lunch boxes...there are so many things you can do with this stuff. It's the perfect food.

I love coconut in any form, so I am going to be partial to this. But I've tried other coconut butters and this is the best I've had. This is not to be confused with coconut oil, it's thick, fibrous and has a sweet flavor and you don't cook with it like you do the oil. Coconut oil is great too, but I would not eat it with a spoon.

Artisanas coconut butter is nutritious and deeply satisfying. It's one of my top favorite foods on earth. Premier Organics, the makers of Artisana, is an environmentally responsible company, so you can also feel great about supporting them.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 6, 2012 8:41:31 AM PDT
sf says:
My butter may have gone bad. It does not melt well in a pan and is very flaky in the bottle. Anyone know how to know if it's gone bad? This is my first experience with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 8:59:43 AM PDT
MacGuffin says:
Does it taste bad? I found a jar that has been sitting unrefrigerated for over a year and it's just fine.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 6:32:17 AM PDT
It's not meant for cooking with, like coconut oil is. It will burn if you try to use it as a cooking oil, as my darling husband found out. Mine is flaky when it's a bit cooler but if you warm it up it is very spreadable - even just our house being a bit warmer makes it creamier. I have been eating it right out of the jar and my kids love it too. I made it with almond butter and honey on a sandwich when it was harder and chunkier and it was like little chocolate chips or something when you bit into the sandwich. Unbelievably delicious.

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 6:01:38 AM PDT

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 10:38:19 PM PST
I am curious what could possibly legitimize any coconut product being labeled as "organic" other than for the obvious sales pitch of labeling it as such and adding a few dollars to the price tag. Coconut palm trees grow rampant all over the tropics with no need for pesticides, fertilizers etc. I could be wrong...and I am not going to search google for the answer, but I find it hard to believe that any coconut farm would grow their trees in anything other than natural conditions. I mean, palm trees grow in pure sand. This isnt to take away from this product. I am sure it is delicious...it is just a thought that I had.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 7:12:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013 4:37:05 PM PST
DocTonyNYC says:
Wow, cynical much? Could it be possible that the reviewer is simply a good writer who wrote a thorough (and helpful) review? I know that poorly written reviews are the norm, but that doesn't mean a well written review must have been bought.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 7:19:09 AM PST
DocTonyNYC says:
I could be wrong, but I believe the processing of the product is an issue when it comes to using the word "organic." For example, a closely related product to this is coconut oil. Coconut oil is available as "extra virgin" or "expeller pressed." The latter is not considered (or labeled) organic because of the way that it is processed. That said, "organic" is one of those things that is not regulated (there are no official LEGAL standards for organic products).

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 9:31:45 AM PST
Hi Everybody,
Wow, when I wrote this I was one of about 2 or three, I'm so glad to see all these people loving this yummy coconut butter. I stand by my review--no I was not paid to write it--and I still love this brand though now there are others to choose from. At the time it was the only one I was aware of. Yes it's one of the higher priced coconut butters--all their nut butters are a little more pricey but Artisana is my favorite. Trader Joes even has a great coconut oil for super cheap and I use that too, but when Artisana is on sale, I snatch it up. I tend to write about stuff I really LOVE, so I'm a little passionate about these things. Thanks so much for reading my reviews and for the kind words.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 2:13:23 PM PST
DocTonyNYC says:
I agree with you, Eco Mama. Artisana products, in my experience, tend to always be top quality. It's always nice when you can find them on sale!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2013 10:15:29 AM PDT
JBean says:
Seriously? "Organic" is an unregulated term akin to words like "extra virgin"?? It would have taken you less time to Google "what does organic mean" than to completely make up an answer... Anyway, the previous poster had a legitimate point, because coconut farming is generally an organic process. However, if there is any consolation, purchasing a certified organic product is the only way to be sure the product was grown under organic conditions, and it sends a message as a consumer that this is important.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›