5.0 out of 5 stars CITIZEN ECO-DRIVE - PRO DIVER WATCH #BN0000-04H, May 4, 2009
This review is from: Citizen Men's BN0000-04H Stainless Steel Eco-Drive Dive Watch (Watch)
Bought from Amazon 4/8/08 : Reviewed 5/19/09: Great watch. Works great. Accurate time. Used it when swimming and not a drop of moisture ever gets in. Just make sure the crown is screwed down tight before you go into the water. The moderate size of the watch is really nice. It can be worn for dress or sports. My wife has the smaller womens version and she loves it also. I hope this watch or an upgraded version is around when this one wears out.

Update 8/18/09 - Watch still working great. Went on vacation to many different hotels and swam with watch for hours. Still no moisture has been seen under crystal. Great watch which keeps accurate time within 1 minute per year.
Update 10/8/09 - My watch and my wife's watch continues to be accurate and waterproof. Great watch and looks great too!
Update 2/8/10 - The watches are still working fine. Still no problems with water getting in while swimming. Just a pleasure to have.
Update 4/20/10 - Still working great after 2 years of owning it. Hope it is still around when I need another one. Watch is same price now as when I first bought it @ 165 dollars.
Update 8/20/10 - Still working great. Went on vacation and watch continues to keep water/moisture out 100% ! Even went into a hot whirlpool and exposed it to the water jets for a couple of minutes and NO moisture was seen under the glass! Amazon reduced price to $145, what a steal, I may buy another just in case the one I have breaks down in the future!!!
Update 11/22/10 - Still working great. Still no moisture has gotten under the crystal. Time stays accurate within a minute per year. My wife has a ladies version that is also working fine. Happy Thanksgiving to all !!!
Update: 2/21/11 - Still working great. No problems at all. Fantastic watch. My wife also loves hers. This solar powered waterproof watch is all the watch you will ever need. It will soon be 3 years since the date I bought it,on 4/8/08, and I am sure happy I did!!!
Update: 3/9/11 - Bought one for a birthday present for a relative and he just loves it. Sent it to him gift rapped - 1 day mail. He called me and told me it was just a beautiful watch. This watch is really a hit everywhere I go. I hope they keep making it. The one piece solid steel case back is unique and being solar powered makes it a rare watch indeed. It is the most comfortable watch I have worn. The photo on Amazon does not do it justice. It is really a handsome watch. Citizen ECO-Drive 300 meter is a far better value than any divers watch out there. I should know, I just bought the new Rolex Deep Sea. It is one impressive piece of watch. It is the only watch in existence that can withstand a water pressure depth down to a tested 16,000 feet. The crystal is virtually unbreakable. The $9800 sticker price is ridiculous and I was able to get the authorized dealer to sell it to me for $8800 including tax. Just a great price for this type of collectable iconic watch. But the Citizen ECO 300 meter, price for performance, with same basic look but much thinner and lighter is a far better deal for the average watch wearer who wants a high quality diver watch for a very reasonable price.
Update: 5/1/11 - Watch still working great. No problems at all. Just a great quartz watch. My wife's women's ECO 300 is also working fine.
Update: 1/2/2012 - HAPPY NEW YEAR! My ECO-Drive diver's watch is still working great and so is the one my wife has. Price still the same as when I bought it on 4/8/08. It is just a great watch and I have not had any problems with it nor has my wife. I Have bought two more of these watches as presents for relatives and they just love these watches. The solar driven mechanism and 300 meter diving ability make these watches unique! May you all have a healthy & happy year!
Update: 7/25/2012 - Hello everybody. My watch is still working great and so is my wife's. What a winner is this watch. See you after the Summer.

Update: 5/21/2013 - Watch finally stopped working. No known reason. Just does not charge up anymore. Got over 5 years of use. Never had a problem. Bought another one. These watches run on a solar battery and you just cannot change it. It is out of warranty so I just bought another one. Hope I can get another 5 years at least!

Update: 9/16/2014 - Watch started up again. After it stopped working I put it away in its box for around 16 months. I came across the box while cleaning out my closet and decided I would just check to see if it miraculously might work? I pushed the crown back down and the second hand started moving. WOW I said. Put the watch on the window sill for around 2 days to recharge it and it now is keeping perfect time! Will update in 3 months!

Update: 12/21/14 - Watch still working and keeping perfect time. Just amazing that this watch started up again but electronic equipment is buggy that way. By the way my wife's Eco - drive is still working. Great watch and now I have two. I put the new one I bought away and I am using the original this one purchased 4/08/2008! Bye, Happy Holidays and a great New Year!

[Add comment]