5.0 out of 5 stars Bit pricey, but VERY nice, May 1, 2011
This review is from: Under Armour Charged Cotton Short Sleeve - Mens (Misc.)
It would be easy to mark this down to a 4 star based merely on the fact that you're paying $25 for ONE cotton t-shirt...but I can't. It's a fantastic shirt and I bought three of them the other day, one in red, one white, and one in dark grey ("carbon heather"). They are incredibly soft and fit really well. I typically buy mediums but interestingly enough these fit in small. One thing I really like is that they are nice and long, so when I'm doing certain exercises I'm not worried about whether or not my shirt is showing my stomach (a temporary concern if I'd just get it completely worked off, hah!). The shirts feel thinner the colors are typically pretty vibrant (like red). I'm excited to see how they perform during summer running and sports in the hot weather.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 16, 2014 12:50:31 PM PDT
hawkeyemark says:
Look at the tag again if you think you think this shirt doesn't have any polyester in it. Per the tag the shirt consists of 55% cotton/34% polyester/11% rayon. As much as I like Under Armour products I think they they want to create the impression of a cotton shirt with the Under Armour quality when in reality you get a cotton/poly blend.

I have mixed feelings about this shirt and wrote about my disappointment with the material in my review of it. Very good quality which you should expect from UA and comfortable but does this shirt justify a $25 price tag? I may or may not get another but have started buying the Russell Athletic Men's Basic Cotton Tee which I find a much better value for the price.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2014 4:33:46 PM PDT
David Rogers says:
Just checked, mine says 95% cotton, 5% elastane (spandex, basically), though I never mentioned polyester in my post so I'm not sure if you meant to reply to my comment? If yours really is only 55% cotton, I'd be disappointed in that too. The blend I have (95/5) is really good and I appreciate the elastane feel with the cotton (snug, comfortable fit).

As per the $25 price tag, I'm disappointed it hasn't gone down some. I'd love to buy more of these but I can't justify that price myself. I need to replace some old workout shirts and I'd be looking at around $200 for 8 shirts, which is pretty ridiculous. By contrast, 8 Russell cotton shirts would be around $56-75. That said, these feel really comfortable and the fit is better than a pure cotton shirt (in my opinion) - but $20/per would be a more fair price for a quality shirt.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2014 5:29:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2014 5:31:03 PM PDT
hawkeyemark says:
David thanks for the info and I think I would really like the shirt you have- I have the gray one. The Russell shirts the heather shirts have a poly/cotton blend and maybe the same goes for these but they don't make that clear in the product description. Like you I would still think twice about the price of these UA charged cotton shirts but without question you get a great product. I've grown tired of these thin t-shirts that after a few washings get holes in them and you have to replace. UA or Russell seems the way to go IMO.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (252 customer reviews)

$24.99 $16.99 - $24.48