2.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like it, June 3, 2009
This review is from: A Hint of Wicked (Mass Market Paperback)
I really wanted to like this book -- the plot was unusual, the writing was very well done, and the characterizations were excellent. But the ending ruined it for me. Don't worry, I won't give away the ending here! It's a completely subjective thing, but I strongly felt that Sophie made the wrong choice, and I didn't feel that her internal dialogue or her actions gave me a reason to understand why she made the decision she did. I felt very, very bad for the person who was left out in the cold, and it just felt depressing. Plus, the ending seemed fantastical to me -- there is NO WAY the situation would have been resolved like that in regency English peerage. In the end, I just felt annoyed with Sophie and heartbroken for the one left alone.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 3, 2009 8:48:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2009 8:51:01 PM PDT
MarC says:
Thank you for the warning that the ending was a bit unsatisfying! That's always the issue with writing love triangles; someone gets left out in the end, right? I still plan on reading this one though even if it leaves a bit to be desired.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2009 8:27:51 PM PDT
Single chick says:
It is a good book -- I don't mean to imply that it isn't. But the ending is sad and, I felt, unsatisfying. It left a lot of unanswered questions not only about the characters' feelings, but about the practicalities of Sophie's decision. I hope you enjoy it more than I did!

Posted on Aug 20, 2009 11:01:24 PM PDT
Deelze says:
I didn't like this book so I agree with you. I think she made the wrong choice also...the reason for them to be together made no sense to me and I did not feel any connection between them either!

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 5:16:18 PM PDT
RJRo20 says:
Me, too!!!!!! I rooted for the other guy. Ahhhhhh...poor him. I was so upset after reading it. However, isn't Haymore's second novel, A Touch of Scandal, his story??

I think so. The excerpt looked promising. Hopefully, the next woman will be the REAL love of his life--and I hope Haymore delivers a fantastic love story for him. After what he's endured and suffered for so long, I just want him to find the happiness that he truly deserves.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (36 customer reviews)

$6.99 $5.94