Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the Big of Head, September 28, 2007
This review is from: Aquis Microfiber Hair Turban, Lisse Crepe, Patented Design, White (Health and Beauty)
I love Aquis products but this hair turban is my least favorite so far. It absorbs great as do all their towels but apparently my head is too damn big. Its a real stretch to get the button into the awkward loop to secure it. The sides are also stretchy which I don't care for.I have several other style turbans that I prefer. I'm sure this would be great for women with less hair or a smaller head.Ok, now you're picturing me as Medusa or some cartoon head person. Just stop it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 15, 2007 4:29:22 PM PST
Make-It-Real says:
You're funny! Enjoyed your review, Miss Big Head ;-) Okay, you're right, I'll stop...

Posted on Jan 20, 2009 8:24:24 PM PST
None of these darn aquis turban towels fit my head either. And when people told me I had a big head, I just thought they meant I was full of myself. &$@#%$!

Posted on Apr 27, 2009 7:03:52 PM PDT
Martens says:
Seriously hilarious and useful comment. So so funny!

Posted on Jul 6, 2009 8:42:02 PM PDT
K. Penner says:
Very helpful & funny review, thanks! Being big-headed myself, I appreciate it.

Posted on Jul 17, 2009 6:29:21 PM PDT
Lynn says:
Thanks for the big head comment. I was going to buy this for my daughter who also has a big head and a whole lot of long, thick hair making her head even bigger. A towel that would help her dry it faster would be a good thing. It takes her 45 min. to blow her hair dry.

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 9:46:34 PM PDT
Lady B says:
Apparently these are NOT made for adult measurements, because i agree that the elastic is too tight (tight enough if u have a headache to make it worse) and the button location is HORRIBLE. After reading this, my solution is to stretch the elastic between your hands as much as possible and to re-sew on the button! These are nice soft materials and don't fleck & break off like the "turbie twist" did. The makers of this product were stupid to put the button all the way in the front and not make 2 or 3 button options. ONLY SOLUTION: Cut the button off and re-sew it 1 1/2 inches back to add the slack we all need in this product! (why these manufacturers put the button at the very front to pull i have no idea!) Hope that helps everyone out! Get to re-sewing!

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 12:44:58 PM PDT
Jan says:
The button is supposed to be at the base of the neck. Flop all your hair forward, put the button at the base of your neck and all your hair into the triangular looped end, twist and button it in the back. It's always worked for me, though maybe they've changed the design--?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2011 7:46:13 PM PST
Kat Me says:
Yes indeed the button does go in the back! Perhaps that is one of the reason they were having such trouble they weren't putting it on right.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 11:22:03 AM PDT
V. Carlin says:
You're so funny & sweet. This review led to me making a purchase, need a towel to get my daughter back from swimming class. She is only 5 but has a big head for a 5 year old and scads and scads of lovely thick hair. (She doesn't take after me for the latter.) I've done a little mental calculation and think that will mean it fits her, as she is a mini-you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 7:04:20 PM PDT
Thanks, V! I hope it does well for your 5 year old. she's bound to be both a beauty and highly intelligent with all that gorgeous hair and slightly more skull area for brains.

As for the other review remarks of button placement;I've tried it both ways, front and back and still it hurts, is tight and pulls my hair. With less hair, a less sensitive scalp and less intelligence, this might have been a solution. That not being the case; this turban is excellent for a 5 year old with enviable tresses. :)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›