5.0 out of 5 stars Just Awesome!, February 25, 2011
I am an on the go supergeek and computer networking instructor. As such I love useful tech, and versatility. This gizmo does EVERYTHING, so I LOVE it! I use it in class with the laser point and mouse, as well as nearly full QWERTY keyboard. (It is missing the F8 to F12 buttons) but I rarely find that annoying. Hands down more versatile than the blue tooth version, so don't buy that one!

Pros: works with ANYTHING that can use a standard QWERTY keyboard via USB (tested on laptops, desktops, Wii, Playstations, Xboxes). Gets about 20+ feet range, so long as there isn't a wireless G/N (2.4GHz) transmitter nearby. The backlit keys are a MAJOR bonus, as sitting in bed at night this is THE keyboard to have. Great for those of us who have really adopted the thumbpad typing style from cell phone use! Better than the blue tooth version, due to compatibility issues.

Cons: Not AES encrypted, so don't use it for banking! Your passwords are ALL transmitted in the clear. If you need/want wireless keyboards with security I recommend the Logitech Wireless Desktop MK250 for Business (yes I own one!)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 14, 2011 8:20:30 AM PDT
C. Harris says:
I'm a Training Specialist for my company and do many PowerPoint presentations. Is this useful for advancing slides without having to sit next to my laptop? I need a device that not only has the laser pointer, but can also advance or go back to previous slide. Then I want to be able to use it when I'm watching shows on my computer at night without having to get up to type or scroll on my laptop. It looks great. I hope it can serve my needs.

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 3:20:59 PM PDT
matt says:
i have a question, will this work on my mac?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2011 10:01:32 AM PDT
No! Our tech got one to try on two different computers in my classroom. It works on PC's but not Apple compatible! I was really hoping it would, too, as I have an Apple in the classroom. Great for Windows PC computers, however.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 7:16:30 AM PST
I purchased specifically to use on the WII. It will not connect. If someone can't tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm going to return it. Help please!!!

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 6:12:28 PM PDT
Device works well as stated with MOST usb capable pc's. Apparently not all MACs, sorry. Only issue that I have had with mine is interference from extremely strong 2.4Ghz transmitters (wireless N at close range) and if you let it stay on, it doesn't always power down to save the battery. It is possible to leave it on so long that it will kill the rechargable battery to where it will not accept a charge anymore. I have taken one apart and swapped out batteries to fix it. but it is a design flaw that I will take a star away for.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›