5.0 out of 5 stars I can eat fried foods again!, November 24, 2008
This review is from: George Foreman GSF026B Deep Fryer with Smart Spin Technology (Kitchen)
Fried foods with less fat? sounded too good to be true but my curiosity got the best of me and I tried it. WOW! I can finally TASTE the food again instead of the oil! I tried onion rings and I don't lie when I say my fingers had no oil when I was done (try this at any restaurant and you have to get up and wash your hands!). French fries were also good and crispy. I did these 2 in HIGH speed for the smart spin.

I also made empanadas and croquettes (both family favorites) but I did them in LOW spin speed. None of my foods were crushed so don't worry about that part! Even wontons made it perfect.

I thought it was easy to use - not too many controls and I got it all set in a few minutes. It heated the oil very fast (it also has a light to let you know it is ready) and it did not take long at all to be "ready" again between batches.

I put all the parts I could remove in the dishwasher -which is actually OK- and cleaned the others with a paper towel.

If you thought fried foods were out of your life... THINK AGAIN and try this! You'll taste the difference in the first bite.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2008 12:08:39 PM PST
Kona says:
This sounds really good and I want to get it. Does it come with recipes?

Posted on Dec 19, 2008 5:48:38 PM PST
I read in the description that it does come with some recipes. When I receive mine, I will post again. I cannot wait to try this out!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2008 2:53:09 AM PST
Y. Rodriguez says:
The one you buy through the infomercial does but if not, the regular one comes with recipes in the instruction book

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2008 7:29:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2008 7:30:44 PM PST
Boston Bean says:
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2008 2:53 AM PST
Your reply to Y. Rodriguez's post:
Mine arrived today from Amazon, and only included the use/care book with chart and some recipes, but NOT the cookbook. BTW: when I opened the machine, I found the electric cord in the fryer basket, along with a small half round cup. I can't figure out what the cup is for. There's no mention of it anywhere in the booklet, and no apparent slot, or opening that it would snap into. Anyone know what it's for?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2009 6:58:47 PM PST
Darena Shopz says:
Boston Bean:
Boston Beans says:BTW: when I opened the machine, I found the electric cord in the fryer basket, along with a small half round cup. I can't figure out what the cup is for. There's no mention of it anywhere in the booklet, and no apparent slot, or opening that it would snap into. Anyone know what it's for?

I could not figure out what the little cup was for either since it does not show it in the instruction booklet but I finally figured it out. It goes in the back of the machine, under the hinge. It is for catching oil that may be on the lid. When you open the lid if oil is on it, it is suppose to run into this cup instead of down the back of your machine. Hope that helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2009 10:10:30 AM PST