5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, March 2, 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4-Inch Tablet (White) (Personal Computers)
My wife and I are new to tablets but we always have the latest smart phones. She has the iPhone 5s and I've got the Galaxy Note 3. I bought her the iPad Mini Retina and the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for myself. I only mention this because if you are like me, you are considering the Pro 8.4 and are comparing it vs the iPad Mini Retina.

After using both, I have to say this tablet is amazing. I am a lot more techy than my wife, and you can tell this thing is built for speed. The multitasking and shortcut features feel natural and there is Zero screen lag after the initial setup. The ipad mini feels a bit more aesthetically polished in it's physical design, but severely limited in customization for my tastes once you start playing with it. I am also not fond of the 4:3 aspect ratio Apple uses, especially apparent when watching videos or looking at pics in landscape mode. The tab pro 8.4 is a beast with an even shaper display, and movies fill nearly the entirety of it's perfect screen. Also Swiftkey is a major plus for me. The Samsung keyboard is far superior to apple's, and even offers shift and ctrl keys that function like a pc keyboard where you can hold down shift and hit other keys if you wish.

Everything else I can tell you about specs is already written somewhere else. If you are an android lover, this is absolutely the best tab out there and is due to be a flagship device for Samsung, much like the Note 3 is now. Buy it and you will have no regrets.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 30, 2014 11:31:16 AM PDT
am trying to decide between the ipad mini and the Galaxy pro so this was very helpful

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 10:14:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 24, 2014 10:24:53 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2014 1:54:46 PM PDT
Bckrupps37 says:
i feel the same way about mine and samsung paid me zero

Posted on May 26, 2014 4:29:45 AM PDT
KGR says:
I wasn't paid anything either (LOL).... but of all of the tablets I've owned, this is by far my favorite. The ONLY thing I would change is I'd make it capable of charging off my desktop, rather than having to plug it directly into the wall outlet. (And it could quite possibly be my pc as the issue).... I'm liking Samsung products overall more and more all of the time.

Posted on May 29, 2014 1:36:20 PM PDT
hello, can anybody help me whether this model supports LTE(sim card) ? thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2014 7:42:05 PM PDT
D. Thomas says:
No, this is the WIFI version.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2014 5:19:26 PM PDT
I as well.
This tablet ROCKS.

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 10:44:56 AM PDT
P. Murphy says:
i am not a geeky type, but looking to purchase this samsung 8.4 pro. can someone tell me if im better off with the 10", rather than this one? i will be using it for school, and having electronic books on it, and also checking for homework and ease of carrying.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2014 2:26:10 PM PDT
Harryk says:
If you are looking into getting a tablet for school, I'd recommend spending a little less and getting either the Nexus 7 (2013) or the new Asus Transformer Bundle (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JOI6FZ8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER). I use a tablet for my college textbooks (Comp Sci Major) and definitely prefer "Vanilla Android". Samsung's Touchwiz is way to hindering for my tastes, but the new ASUS Transformer could be a good buy. (Zen UI seems like a lighter UI skin)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2014 11:08:16 PM PDT
Howard L. says:
It really depends; I have had 3 seven inch tablets (Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0), and my friends all have a Nexus 7 as well (either model), and we mostly use it for pure entertainment, because that's what it is best suited for. The screen size is perfect to play games on, and it is light enough (but big enough) to enjoy movies on. However, most of my friends tend to use bigger tablets for work and school, such as the Nexus 10 or the Asus Transformer Pads. They are more convenient, and due to the bigger screen size, they show much more information at once and usually have bigger batteries to practically last longer. I think for your purpose, a 10+ inch tablet would work great, and I would highly recommend the Samsung Galaxy Note Tab 2014 edition. Look it up, it won't disappoint you.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (443 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $219.00