Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

1.0 out of 5 stars Very large ... very loose-fitting ... breaking ..., December 14, 2011
This review is from: Sorel Men's Cold Mountain Boot (Apparel)
The speed-lacing (total misnomer) links are breaking and shredding the laces. So, they're going back.

(Previously wrote:)

Hard to know what size shoes and boots to order anymore ... some years ago, when running shoes and sneakers were first being made in China, I was advised by a specialty store rep to always get a full size larger than my actual size, for two reasons: when walking or exercising your toes splay out and need room; the Chinese don't use the same lasts as we do.

A 13 from China fits like a 12, while a 13 from the U.K. fits like a 13 or 13 1/2, and then there's Euro-sizing ... So online ordering gets complicated.

Since the purpose for buying these was to actually walk in wet or snowy weather with our dogs, I bought one size larger than my actual size. This usually works out just right with made in China footwear, especially sneakers or running shoes. In this case, ordering my exact size might have been better, but hard to know. The length feels right in the one size larger, but the width is enormous, feels more like a EE than a D, as they're marked. So my feet are swimming.

If Amazon allowed exchanges, I'd do that. But they don't, only refunds, and now the price has gone up ($51 Gold Box, $85 regular) ... so I'm just going to wear very thick socks ...

They're light-weight, fairly easy to slip on and off, but poorly sized - my feet are swimming in them.

[P.S. Don't understand why there are two separate Amazon listings for "Sorel Men's Cold Mountain Boot." One of them has a contrasting colored tongue, otherwise looks identical ... yet ...]

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2012 3:15:26 AM PST
Before I bought these boots, I read a comment that you need to order your exact size in these. If you buy your size, they fit well! Not really the boot's fault that you ordered a size too large based on other experience. For $85, it is hard to find another boot that beats these in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2012 8:15:16 AM PST
Noel Savage says:
I wish I had ordered my usual size. When I buy anything "imported," I usually have to buy one size larger because of the lasts used overseas. Either these boots were an anomaly, or just the pair I got ... I bought some Superfeet insoles and that has helped.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2012 3:55:09 PM PST
Noel Savage says:
Well, I did order a pair in my size (they're down to $38) and they're too short. I buy Timberlands in my size and no problem. Anything made in Asia ...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›