5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones for a Greater Price, April 15, 2011
This review is from: Panasonic RPHJE120A In-Ear Headphone, Blue (Electronics)
For about $10, these are a bargain!! I bought the blue version of these on Amazon for the purpose of acting as a backup pair of headphones for my $40 Skullcandy TiTANs (Black), as well as a set of Panasonic RP-HJE120s (White/Silver) and Panasonic RP-HJE120s (Pink) for my friend who needed a couple pairs. I got them because they were recommended from Consumer Reports, and I am impressed. The sound quality rivals that of my TiTANs, and they fit much better in my ears than the TiTANs. My friend says they are much more durable than the other $10 headphones she's had in the past; very sturdy for the price. The only thing me and her were concerned about was how the silicone buds are slightly flimsy, but, then again, these ARE only $10. But for $10, you couldn't find a better pair of headphones.

UPDATE: I have gone through 2 pairs of these things since I first bought them. I washed my 1st pair, & went awhile without another pair like this. When I ordered my second pair, I realized again what I had been missing. The bass isn't as full as my Sennheiser CX300 II in-ears, & the mids aren't as detailed either, but it's not like they are far off. The treble is richer, however. And these things can stand a lot of abuse. As long as the beating is not too intense, the only real reason you would buy another pair is because you lost them.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 28, 2012 3:27:08 AM PDT
FB_Daytona says:
Interested to know if you have still have this and if so, how has it held up so far? My biggest problem with my previous in-ear headphones, has been the loose connection that happens in the wire where it goes into the device. I am assuming this should be of an less issue with this, since it has an L shape connector?

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 9:51:31 AM PDT
Yes, I still have a silver pair of these. From my use, the connection has been very solid. It is quite durable. Thanks for the comment; I am more than happy to help you out.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 6:02:58 PM PDT
David S. says:
Thanks for the update on your review. For $6.00 I might as well try a pair of these.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 6:39:26 PM PDT
If you've ever owned a pair of the stock Apple headphones, how do these compare to the apple ones? Thanks!

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 6:39:08 AM PDT
Mike says:
I have owned a pair of the stock apple earbuds and these earbuds as well. I can say the difference is significant. I currently own 2 earbuds right now that I use exclusively for the gym. One of them is these Panasonic's, and the other are my "slightly" more expensive Klipsch image s4's. If I were to rate them based on a scale from 1-10 I would put the apple buds at a 2. The Panasonic's at a 5, and the Klipsch image s4's at an 8. I use the Panasonic's at the gym at the moment because I would like not to break the $70 pair yet. So once these don't work anymore I can switch over to the Klipsch. For the price though, these are absolutely worth every penny. A little lacking on the bass, but for some people that's a plus. I tend to like a little extra bass, but it's not to the point where it sounds flat. Overall I recommend these very much.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 7:55:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2012 7:59:51 AM PDT
Oh, they blow 'em away. There is a great improvement from the stock Apple ones, and the Apples are probably the best STOCK earbuds I've heard. And the Panasonics are a lot more comfortable.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 9:27:49 AM PDT
Allen says:
Thanks for your comparison to the cx 300s. Those are by far my favorite earbuds for the price but i can use these for the gym or something.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 9:55:03 PM PST
Apple Green says:
Thanks so much for mentioning the Klipsch. That's what I'm planning to buy (for the third time) and just wanted to check some other products. One pair was stolen, one lost and now, here I go again. I do love them and will not spend a lot of time looking further, thanks to your review.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2013 1:02:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2013 1:03:16 PM PDT
Stock Sony and stock Sansa ALWAYS beat stock Apple. Stock Apple are about the worst possible and I've had a lot of different brands of mp3 players/headphones.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2013 5:20:14 PM PDT
In my opinion, yes, Sony and Sansa/SanDisk beat Apple hands down. But I don't think they're the WORST...kinda in the middle. If you want bad, think Philips and JVC.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (13,238 customer reviews)
 (8,860)