2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit very well in my 2003 Honda Accord or my husbands 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, February 26, 2011
This review is from: Safety 1st On Board 35 Air Infant Car Seat, Silverleaf (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Baby Product)
I was so excited about this infant seat from all of my research. When it came in the mail I was thrilled by the quality of the product, how comfortable it seemed for my baby, how light it was, and most of all the safety features. However, it doesn't fit very well in either my 2003 Honda Accord or my husbands 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. To fit this infant seat in either one of our vehicles it must be behind the passenger seat, and the the passeger seat has to be pushed so far up that my knees touch the front dash (I'm 5'4"). Totally disappointing!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 6, 2011 8:54:49 PM PDT
I really cannot understand how this seat did not fit in either of these vehicles. When I bought this seat, I drove a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe. The backseat area is small to say the least. It fit great in there which is one reason I bought it. My new car, 2007 Scion tC, is also a coupe and it fits great in this car as well. In both cars, I had this seat in the middle, back seat position. I didn't have to move either front seat in the car and I drove very comfortably. I'm 5'7" and my husband is 6'1" and we both drove with this in the back with zero problems.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 1:12:27 PM PDT
I have to agree with you! I never thought about depth size when buying a carseat! With so many things to weigh in on... the Peg Perego came in with the smallest depth size at 25 3/4" ... however this safety first is pushing 30"! Too much for my Mazda 3! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this seat! So light weight, comfy, sylish! I also got a great deal on it through a BabysRUs Safety 1st event! I was SOOO sad to have to return this one :-( Just not practical in our vehicles!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 11:16:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2011 11:18:45 PM PST
Car seat doesn't seem to fit in my 2008 Subaru Forester. @Christina: Perhaps you've got yours forward-facing and the others are attempting rear-facing? Seems like it might be ok forward-facing (haven't tried), but when you put it rear-facing *and* get the level-indicator right *and* fold the handle back (two inches right there) you have to put the front seat so far forward you can barely seat an adult in it. I'm going to check if it's any better in the middle of the rear seat tomorrow, but from just eye-balling it I'm thinking that will just mean both passenger and driver seats would have to scrunch too far forward. Too bad, because otherwise it's a great seat.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 5:42:42 PM PST
C. Bucher says:
This seat can NOT be used forward facing!

Also, I have the OnBoard 35 (not Air) which I'm pretty sure is the same shell but without the air pockets. It fit well enough in our 05 Hyundai Accent. I'm 5'11 and while it was a little uncomfortable for long drives, it wasn't too bad. Also the handle could be left in any position for that, saving the 2 inches (which was part of the reason I bought that seat) but maybe they changed that in the air version.

Posted on May 26, 2013 7:47:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 26, 2013 7:49:10 AM PDT
billy says:
I'm surprised at that. We had this seat for our preemie and it fit well in both my husband's Jeep Grand Cherokee and my little Lexus IS-350. We have her in the Safety 1st complete air 65 now and have a Honda Pilot in place of my car so there is lots of space, but this seat was amazing, safe and kept her comfortable even on long 9 hour drives to grandma's! I'm definitely hanging on to it for the next one. I agree it got heavy with her as she got bigger, but we had the stroller it locked into and it locks onto most shopping carts. Oh and this was rear facing, but the handle was locked in the carrying position. I always thought that was better anyway to give extra protection over her.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2013 8:57:46 AM PST