Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with Iphone 4s, as Panasonic Compatibility list indicates, April 17, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG7733S DECT 6.0 Link-to-Cell via Bluetooth Cordless Phone with Answering System, Silver, 3 Handsets (Office Product)
I have owned Panasonic Cordless phones for years now, and the reason I chose this one after doing the research. Despite what their compatibility chart indicates on their website, this is not compatible with the Iphone 4s. All of the functions worked for the Iphone 4s, with exception to the outgoing reception on the other end was muffled, garbled, gibberish. Tried with many different outgoing numbers, and heard it myself through straight calls to my landline and VM. This was only set up with the "Cell Phone Only" option, so there was no possibility of interference from the landline. Technical Support for Panasonic simply wanted to shuck the blame on my Iphone.

This product worked O.K. with a Motorola Razr and Blackberry. It actually worked about 20% of the time on the other end, with the Iphone 4s. The other 80% of the time you would have no clue what was being said. Their supports thought was I should find another Iphone 4s out of thin air and try it out. Like the thought never crossed my mind, on trying two other cell phones. While I realize there is a common issue with the Iphone 4s, mine has worked with every Bluetooth headset, car speaker, and GPS device I have tried. I have tried 6 other devices in all. I asked their support if they could hear me clearly. They stated yes, perfectly clear. I then indicated I was calling on a Bluetooth headset, so it is clear the Bluetooth on my cell phone was working. Only then did they indicated "There may be a compatibility issue" (on my Iphone), but still insisted until I found another Iphone 4s and tried it, they would do nothing further. I indicated that I had no intent doing their R&D for them, that it was much easier to replace their phone than spend hours and hours trying to find out if this works on another Iphone 4s. I asked if they were suggesting I take it down to the Apple or Verizon store and ask that they test out the Panasonic phone, for lack of having another friend that owned a Iphone 4s.

If it works with your phone, it actually seemed like a pretty decent product when I used it on the other cell phones. However, it doesn't appear Panasonic raised the bar in getting their product to work with the Iphone 4s as they have indicated. I guess they figure if it works on 1 Iphone 4s, that shows enough compatibility in their eyes?

I certainly will not be making any effort to replace my Iphone when it works with every other device I own, for the sake of accommodating their product. As seemed to be their thought process through their technical assistance.

--------
To provide an update on 5/22/12
My wife just upgraded her Work Blackberry to a Iphone 4s. After testing it out, she had the exact same results with her iphone 4s that I did. As a result, and due to the fact that Panasonic would not only not post my review on their own website, but never responded to the e-mail address provided, I am changing my review from a 2 stars to a 1 star review.

I intend to contact Panasonic about this and will update should they choose to respond. Clearly this phone is not compatible with the Iphone 4s in my opinion. Further, it seems apparent to me that their website is only interested in positive reviews. Again, this is coming from a very longtime Panasonic cordless phone user. If you do a knowledge base search for Firmware, Iphone or even Phone you get no returned results. Which leads me to believe they have absolutely no knowledge base support, but simply a search engine that provides no results.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 19, 2012 8:31:32 PM PDT
Thank you for your comment! I do have a quick question. I am actually looking to use a landline phone with Bluetooth, I don't really need to transfer anything from my iPhone (I also have a 4s!!) I just take calls from my home, and need something to do save my neck :) I have a bluetooth headset, and just need a landline phone that will work with it! Please advise! Thank you for your help!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 8:42:12 AM PDT
Richard says:
It has that option. Although my Plantronics Voyager HD will not pair with it because it requires that the phone specifically select the headset, so it never hits. I paired it with a old Motorola H800 Headset fine. On that headset, you would have to be in the same room for it to allow you to answer the call. It would then get a little staticy when I would go in another room. Not sure if that was because of the quality of the headset, as it was a older/cheaper Headset. It would answer even in the other room with the Iphone and the H800.

It specifically mentions in the manual that "1 headset can be registered to the base unit. However, only one Bluetooth device (Cellular Phone or Headset) can be connected to the base unit at a time." For best results it recommends using the headset within 1 m (3.3 feet) of the base unit. It can communicate within 10m (33 feet) Which is about the range when it got staticy, was about half that to answer the call. Certainly not a "Whole House" option, but one room.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 8:43:05 AM PDT
lovesblue says:
Was just about to order this unit replacing my older Panasonic cordless system. Seemed like a fabulous feature. But I have an iPhone 4S and if that won't work there's no point. Very disappointing. I've always used Panasonic cordless landlines and have been very happy. Well, this is a deal-breaker.

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 10:27:58 AM PDT
DJ says:
It's the iPhone 4s. Apple's bluetooth drivers are screwed up. When I upgraded my family to the 4s (from android and winmo phones), with the exception of the bluetooth audio in our cars, every headset and handset (panasonic, att, plantronics) ceased to work.

That's really unfortunate. I was hoping that the bluetooth issue would be fixed with the newer panasonic models. Thanks for saving me a purchase and return.

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 7:22:28 PM PDT
Apple values proprietary standards and products, you cannot expect something to work with Apple AND other manufacturers. Products either work with Apple OR other manufacturers. They have an attitude that their way is best, regardless of IEEE specifications or existing technologies that are proven. Please think for yourself before buying a restrictive and intrusive company's products.

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 9:55:57 AM PDT
Your review is basically all on the Link to Cell feature and issues with it.
Any more comments on the Panasonic phone for those that are interested in the phone (and don't really care about the Link to Cell feature)?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2012 10:57:07 AM PDT
Richard says:
As I had mentioned. I have been using Panasonic wireless phones for as long as I can remember, and with great luck. While I still have this phone in hopes that it is one day compatible with the iPhone 4s, I do not use it over my other phone, as the "Link to cell" functionality is the only thing really unique with this phone. If not for the link to cell feature, the remaining features could be had for around half the price. For which I feel those reviews would be left under one that does not have the Link to Cell feature. As I mentioned in my review, "If it works with your phone, it actually seemed like a pretty decent product when I used it on the other cell phones." Just like my existing Panasonic setup, it seems to work well. I may set it up at some point as my primary phone, as the only added functionality is that I can copy the address book off the cell to maintain a ongoing address book or should my wife wish to use it with her Blackberry.

Interestingly enough, I copied this same review on the Panasonic Website. They did not post the review, nor did they respond to the e-mail address that I left.

So to answer the question, if you are interested in only the other functions, and not the "Link to Cell" Functionality, I would save the extra $40-50 and research one of the equal phones and reviews without the link to cell features. Without that feature, I really see no upgrade over my existing 5.8 GHz phone that is already set up to my liking. Nor do I see any reason to pay the extra $40-50 over a similar non-"Link to Cell" phone

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 9:50:45 AM PDT
tim says:
Apple sucks! proprietary standards.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 3:16:32 PM PDT
Shadowtrax says:
Hey folks - you should know by now after all these years that Apple's way of doing things is proprietary!!! Even though there is an international standard for bluetooth and other connectivity items, Apple does it their way. Also, cell phone manufacturers have agreed to standardize on the micro USB connection for charging, etc. - NOT APPLE, they refused to add USB. So it's not suprising that bluetooth doesn't work with the 4S - also, read the Apple Forums - there are some major issues with the 4S connectivity with tens of thousands of folks having to return their 4S - it was on CNN, BusinessWeek, etc.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 12:34:45 PM PDT
Bryce says:
So now I have another reason to stay away from the iphone. I spend a lot of time with my customers in person and over the phone, and I have noticed that the iphone especially on AT&T has the absolute worst sound quality of any phone, you could not pay me to use one.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›