5.0 out of 5 stars House Series done just right!, April 1, 2013
This review is from: House, M.D.: The Complete Series (DVD)
Let's face it, most of us, when buying an entire series, want it to be of high quality, reasonably priced, complete with all episodes and a minimum amount of extraneous "additional" features, i.e. pamphlets, photos and other stuff that may raise the cost of the purchase and which most of us don't want and won't read anyway. I mean, after all is said and done we just want to watch the programs.

I have throughly enjoyed this set. The discs were all there when I opened the set (you'd be surprized how often a disc is missing or duplicated leaving the set incomplete) and there was a very brief synopsis of each episode within the DVD case.

The subtitles were in English and Spanish and were "almost" verbatim to the dialog unlike some subtitles that I have experienced where the subtitle replaces whole phrases and words and really has nothing to do with what the actor had just said.

Disc one of each Season also included "Special Features" for which I can't tell you what the features covered as I don't watch them. Just wanted to mention that they exist.

Although there was a small pamphlet contained in the set it was not too burdensome to the reader. One part, "House-isms," was very funny and I had heard them used, some of them many, many times, throughout the series. The main characters (House, Cuddy & Wilson) comment on their characters character and how they interact with each other. There is also a Season & Episode guide to help you find a special episode without having to open and search each DVD case. There is a section that addresses the ideas of how House was developed as well as how the characters were developed. There are also some quotes, from the famous and not-so-famous. The average time to read the pamphlet is about 20-30 minutes if you stop to think and consider what you've just read :-)

Bottom line: House, The Complete Series is well put together and worth the cost. I have recommended this set to several of my friends and family who like this series as much as I do. BUT, I had an ulterior motive for recommending this set so strongly, I don't want to lend my set to ANYONE no matter if they were friend and/or family. To lend this set is just setting me up to have arguments due to a disc being returned with a scratch/scratches, being returned with one or more discs missing or other damage that can happen. So....rather than go through stressful arguments I ALWAYS recommend and NEVER loan.

Just in case I have been too subtle let me just say, BUY House: The Complete Series! It's worth the money and then some!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 27, 2013 10:08:06 AM PDT
I wish all of the reviews were even half of this quality! Very comprehensive, not many include such detailed information about packaging and features. And we especially appreciate the comments about the subtitles/closed captioning. The garbage quality on many others, especially the first couple of seasons of Friends, has ruined otherwise excellent shows and movies.

Excellent point on loaning out discs, too. :^D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2013 11:18:00 AM PST
G. Renieris says:
I remember when house first came out on DVD they were double sided is that the case with this set?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2014 9:23:27 AM PDT
Patricia says:
Is the series in HD?????
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (303 customer reviews)

$199.98 $130.99