5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books on manifesting available, December 9, 2004
This review is from: Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires (Paperback)
I'll be honest -- I don't know what to think of the claim that Esther Hicks is channelling non-physical entities. I initially resisted buying this book because I am cautious around such claims of supernatural inspiration. But I respect Wayne Dyer and other great thinkers who praised this book, so I decided to give it a try. I'm glad that I did.

This is one of the most powerful books on manifesting your dreams that I've ever read. Every paragraph contains deep truths that just feel intuitively right. This book is especially effective in showing how our emotions are the key to understanding whether we are on the road to success or failure in manifesting our desires. The exercises are both fun and deeply practical. I particularly like the exercises involving the "Magical Creation Box" and "The Prosperity Game." They make you feel young again -- your imagination is activated and everything suddenly feels possible.

I don't know whether the origin of this book is supernatural, nor do I care. The message is true and the exercises work. Try it for yourself. It will change your life.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 15, 2010 12:36:11 PM PDT
Sharbysyd says:
You sound just like me. Even though I've heard from several sources how great the Abraham books and tapes are, I have been resistant to the whole channeling idea so I never pursued reading anything by Esther Hicks. Finally a close friend started telling me about The Astonishing Power of Emotions (or something to that effect) and it sounded really interesting so I ordered some Abraham books. I figured it was well worth checking out.

I started reading Ask and It Is Given last week while on vacation and going through a tough time. I have found the book to be very comforting and interesting so far and I look forward to finishing it and then moving on to a couple of other Abraham books that I have.

Thanks for the review.

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 1:26:07 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 23, 2013 2:49:28 AM PDT]

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 7:26:22 AM PST
The bible says Ask & you shall recieve, have faith the size of a mustard seed & you don't have to spend money to get that. Esther uses the Abe as a way to not be responsible for what she says. She uses hypnosis to get people so excited. Most Abers are losing money cause she tells people it doesn't matter, only how they feel matters. Yet they borrow money to go see or hear her or cruise with her & families suffer. Where are the results except for in her pocket?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2014 7:54:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2014 7:57:05 PM PDT
M. Laccetti says:
I was hesitant too but decided to listen for exactly the same reasons (mainly Wayne Dyer & others). I too am glad I did, I love, love, LOVE, Abraham & Esther!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2014 6:40:36 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 30, 2014 8:23:53 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2014 7:11:06 PM PST
People usually tell this info. except in private. Look up religious science centers & go the ones near you & you will see how many people are looking for success but not getting it. There are some sites you can look up if you look up words like skeptic or scam Abraham-hicks or stories & you will find many stories of those who have had problems. You can not assure me that money was not borrowed. I like your optimistic view but I have talked to many & if you really want the truth you have to really be honest & most of the people reading these books don't want to be honest cause it's too depressing. Most of these people will come to my house to get together because they don't own a large house. That is fine cause the simple life is great but its hard to say they have manifested so much when the excuse is they don't need a big house they only need to feel good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2014 7:30:19 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 30, 2014 8:24:00 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2014 7:43:40 PM PST
I really don't care if you want this info. or not. I like to know about different views & there are some good & bad things about this. It's up to you if you want to take a side on this & stick with it. I like to know different views so I can navigate my life seeing rather than having a blind fold over one eye. I actually recommend the youtube videos more than anyone I know so you thinking I am against them is strange to me. I am only saying not to be addicted to them or anyone else. There message is for you to look within yet there are many videos where people have stated they wanted to do things that compete with them & the message is always against them doing that. You can look into that on your own you don't need me to do it. Ask & you will find it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2014 7:57:06 PM PST
The people I know who borrow money are not complaining. They do this cause it feels good it's just some of the people who come from families where someone is doing that & not worried about money, end up with the worries. No one needs to come on here & say that their parents are still paying their bills or anything else like that. It's there business but it's the truth that's all. If you really listened to the teaching you would not be so concerned about people making comments like this. You wouldn't worry about numbers cause they really don't matter. So I suggest you keep reading or listening & you will find more clairity & peace & not feel you have to control others review comments.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2014 8:30:07 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 30, 2014 8:33:46 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (969 customer reviews)

$14.95 $9.78