4.0 out of 5 stars Great device for the price!, September 11, 2012
This review is from: 2.5-inch HD Car LED IR Vehicle DVR Road Dash Video Camera Recorder Traffic Dashboard Camcorder - LCD 270 degrees whirl (Electronics)
Length:: 0:33 Mins

For less than $25.00 it does a nice job. I don't need a camera that costs so much that I fear that it will be stolen or broken. Has a semi wide fish-eye lens. I'm not looking for wedding photo quality, come on its only 25 bucks. Comes with car charger and suction cup mount, not mentioned in the description. Also comes with a cellphone type rechargeable battery. Plugged into the charger, I get over 9 hours of video (with audio) on a 16GB card. VGA quality is 640x480, so stay with that mode, because the other larger sizes that it records (D1, and SVGA) are actually not different at all. The SVGA 1280x720 is the same as the VGA and D1 680x480, but with thick black edges on the sides, video is not sharper. You may want to buy a different smaller sized window mount that has a "ball hinge". The mount that comes with it is somewhat large, but still fine to use. The charger wire is long enough to tuck under window trim and dashboard trim and reach the car's power socket. Not too bad at night time, so see the attached video sample that I made. The camera comes with infrared lights, but I see no use for them unless you are video recording your hood ornament, or if you use this device as a home security monitor inside of your house. Not a bad idea, just buy one of those 120volt wall adapters to plug your charger into, then attach the camera to a window or wall. If you are not sure you need a DashCam, but still want to give it a try before you go all out and buy a 200 dollar HD broadcast quality one, then this one is just for you. I like the home security idea myself.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 11 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 72 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2012 9:53:47 PM PDT
Joe says:
What are the best settings for night time? I am a firefighter and other emergency flashing lights, and even traffic lights, blind the camera rendering it useless.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 11:37:43 AM PDT
c says:
The default setting is best, however this camera for your situation is not good for very bright lights that are in front of the camera at night time. During the day, I have not seen any problems. A GoPro DashCam is more for your needs. There are several types, so you should focus on the one rated for night use. They are more expensive too, but may be worth the investment. The cheap DashCam I bought is good for my needs, which is for insurance fraud, accidents and traffic violations. I don't need extreme detail in imaging.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 6:11:05 PM PST
Smith says:
Your video made me buy this. I have an expensive go pro but based on your video all I need is evidence of who hit who. I am not ever going to watch this unless something happens. Thanks for the video.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 8:01:08 AM PST
ChrisF says:
How is the camera holding up after six months? Still working well?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 8:48:18 AM PST
c says:
Still working good. I use it every day.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 3:12:43 PM PST
thanks for a great review of this product and the video you also provided!

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 4:15:36 PM PDT
Sweetboy says:
Is it auto delete the old videos when the memory full or Do we need to format every time its full? If yes what the settings?
Thanks?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 11:05:28 AM PDT
c says:
It rolls over. Overwrites when full. I use a large capacity chip and format it on occasion, only because I am "old school" on that type of stuff. I like to start with a clean chip incase I need to access an event on the video. I drive 4 hours a day.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2013 10:08:46 AM PDT
Josh Arnold says:
Does it have a video time limit? I want to use this to record my car when I am NOT in it. I have had many issues with people putting dents in my new cars and I want this to record while I am shopping or at the gym. Does the battery last a good hour or so at least? Will it record up to an hour of video, or if it has smaller video lengths, does it just start a new file and keep recording as the time limits are reached? Sorry, loaded question, I know.

Thanks!