352 of 362 people found the following review helpful
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: SwissGear SA1923 ScanSmart Backpack - Black (Personal Computers)
I bought this backpack for school. After an exhaustive search online, in local stores and across campus, I can definitively say that this is hands down the best laptop backpack you can buy!
1. Tons of space and usable compartments:
- 1 padded laptop compartment
- 1 thin compartment that can be used for papers and folders
- 1 main compartment that contains vertical dividers to keep things organized, a smaller interior mesh pocket, and an ipod/cell phone pouch that leads to a slit in the top of the backpack for a headphone cord
- 1 decent sized pocket on each side (I use 1 for my laptop charger and accessories)
- 2 stretchy water bottle pockets big enough for the big 1 liter bottles (good for umbrella too)
- 1 small pocket on the top front
- 1 pocket on the bottom front that contains a bunch of small organizer pockets found in every backpack that nobody ever uses
2. Comfort: padded, shock absorbing arm pads, padded back, and a comfortable handle on top.
3. Appearance: In my opinion, this is one of the best looking backpacks out there, but I can't argue with taste so if you have one of those ugly backpacks, that's fine with me.
4. Price: Phenomenal deal! ($50 when I purchased it) Would have gladly spent more (don't tell amazon)
Cons: (there really are none... I'm nitpicking here)
1. The opening for the laptop is on the side (not the top) which makes it a little awkward to get in and out. Not a big deal though.
2. I would have liked a little more padding underneath the laptop. The amount of padding is pretty similar to most other laptop cases though. You just need to be careful about setting it down to hard.
3. The size was perfect for my 15.6 widescreen. I haven't tried a 17", but I'm guessing it would be too big (if you could get it to fit inside, it would be VERY tight)
Tracked by 2 customers
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 15, 2010 10:43:57 AM PDT
J. Teng says:
we were able to fit our 17" macbook pro perfectly. the side zipper is nice if you want to remove your laptop w/ one strap still on, instead of removing the entire backpack to take the laptop out. we agree with you, love the backpack!
Posted on May 16, 2010 6:45:34 PM PDT
S. R. Andrade says:
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2010 8:20:52 PM PDT
Patrick Meehan says:
Posted on Jul 10, 2011 9:30:17 PM PDT
Great Review! You said that you used it for papers and folders, the thin compartment, would the backpack be able to hold books and a laptop?
Posted on Jul 12, 2012 8:03:10 PM PDT
Does it come with "belt" strap, that goes around your waist, helpful for running.
Posted on Mar 8, 2013 7:26:43 PM PST
Matt S says:
All I need is a laptop compartment and two large pockets for books and lunch. I'm a uni student and I have big books. Has it got enough space for that?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›