3.0 out of 5 stars Great most of the time..., October 12, 2005
When the ink flows, this pen writes very smoothly with even lines. The gel ink dries fast enough that I rarely run into any smearing unless I'm writing on an unusual surface...so caution if you write on non-paper surfaces or glossier papers.

Unfortunately, about 1/2 of these pens (I use them both at work and at home) run into ink stoppages. Sometimes you can get the ink flowing again, but many times you just have to throw them away. This is very frustrating as the ink stoppages have occurred in meetings (several now) where I can't get to a new pen, and I really shouldn't have to carry around 2 pens just in case.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2010 12:34:48 PM PST
James Hite says:
That is frustrating.
I have used this pen, both black and blue in various thicknesses, for the last 2 years and have never came across this. (??)
I buy them by the bulk from my office supplier.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2010 9:44:25 AM PST
Beaglemaster says:
I never had an ink flow problem like that in almost 10 years of using them, either.
I love them. My only complaint is that they don't dry on ALL surfaces.

Posted on May 10, 2011 1:22:29 PM PDT
We've been using these for at least 5 years in our office now (~200 pens) and have never had this happen, not even once. In fact, that's one of the main reasons why we love these pens so much...they flat out work until they're completely dry.
99% of the time we use black, but have also used red & blue without issue. I wonder if he simply got a bad batch? Looking at the review date, the other thing is that perhaps they've changed their ink formula since then. In any event, we love them, and will continue to buy them as long as they're made.

Posted on May 11, 2011 9:57:18 AM PDT
Atkinson says:
I have had this happen several times to my pens like this. Wish I had the same luck others are having. I wonder what we are doing differently?

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 8:02:52 AM PDT
J. Sun says:
I know this issue that you are talking about. The issue is that often, when you write on a glossy surface, it messes up the ink flow somehow and it comes out weak. Just don't use it on gloss and it should work perfectly.

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 6:09:01 PM PDT
A. Watkins says:
I have also had this problem, so many times that I have stopped buying this pen.

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 11:58:10 PM PDT
Lost Gecko says:
I wonder if the skipping frequency has anything to do with humidity levels of the air?

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 9:09:09 AM PST
I love this pen when it works but I have had the same frustration as you have

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 8:09:00 AM PST
SueLea says:
I'm glad that you told that it is mostly the black ones that do this. I have only had this happen a few times. I have had more of a problem with them leaking, and it will get on everything. I have used them for yrs. at home and at work, and this has been the only problem I've had, and it is the only pen I want in my pen holder. I absolutely hate to pick up a pen and it won't write and you are standing there scribbling on a piece of paper to get it to write, and this never happens with this pen, except a couple of times, and it was with the black one, so now I know how to eliminate this problem, and keep right on writing. Just wish I could keep up with them, that is the biggest problem!!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 3:56:16 AM PST
Cynthia Lee says:
I bought 2 of these pens previously, is nice and dark ink clear enough to see when you write. Actually (besides a occasional skip in ink in mid use), I have never owned a better pen. 12 refills are listed for this same amount in another area, so the whole pen for about the same price, I'm happy with. My mom also tried 2 pens and is looking forward to receiving a couple more from me as soon as I order these :-)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›