1.0 out of 5 stars A Nightmare of a Disaster, July 9, 2010
This review is from: Cat Grooming Bag - Medium (Misc.)
The two 10 month old cats I've adopted are seeming savages and think nothing of tearing into me if I dare touch them. This is not the personas they presented when I decided to take them home with me, but that's another story. The simple fact is this bag does not work and lulled me into a state of security that left me brutalized. In a matter of one minute it was in shreds and so were my hands. It was as if the devil himself at burst forth from Hades, accompanied by all his legions of demons. I was in tears and my wife was screaming as the kitten darted around the living room as if it was in a scene from Alien. The sound that came from her tiny vocal cords is something that no one in my home will ever forget and prays they will never hear again. The bag failed and the pain, blood, and agonizing horror still haunt me. The cats continue to do as they wish and we are helpless. Their claws grow longer everyday and they become more unapproachable. I have had cats all my life and have never seen anything like this pair. Perhaps this product would work with an animal who was more domesticated, such as a pet ocelot or cougar. But if your cat enjoys seeing you in pain and inflicts it at its leisure, without hestitation and with a complete lack of empathy for you as its caretaker, this bag will prove useless.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 15 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 10, 2010 10:09:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 10, 2010 10:26:23 AM PDT
Marji says:
This is one of the best reviews I have *ever* read. (It was so entertaining, in fact, that I called my mother and read it to her for comic relief.) I hope your wounds are healing. Perhaps you might consider counseling for PTSD! :-) If there were Pulitzer prizes awarded for reviews, this one would surely be in the running!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2010 8:46:07 AM PDT
I'm glad you and your mother could benefit from my experience. Some details of the event I described were left out of my account as I didn't wish to be overly graphic and sensationalize the horror. I have always had cats and I am truly astounded at this cat's violent behavior toward me. As I sit here now at the computer, she is crouched at the end of the sofa, seeming to evaluate me as prey. Even if I ever manage to somehow clip her claws, there remains the issue of her teeth. I try to not think about this but she continues to stare.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2010 12:49:18 AM PDT
Nicole West says:
Has it occurred to you that possibly what is causing your feline friends to be so obstinate is that they are sick or there is something hurting them, causing them to lash out? Perhaps you ought to take them to a vet to have them examined. It occurs often with dogs, I can see it being exactly the same with cats. They're in agony themselves, and as a natural instinct, fight whatever makes that agony worse, which often a touch can do. Take them to a vet and I hope you're cat's will be feeling better soon and may enjoy a new bag. The vet can take care of the nails too if you're afraid. Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2010 1:31:06 PM PDT
The most violent of the two is going to the vet next week for a check up and nail trim. The trim only costs $10 and it will save money in the long run on bandages and disinfectant. I can not imagine what happened to her in the past because they came from a seemingly nice person. The sister has calmed down a lot and is turning into a sweetheart and just gets in a lot of trouble for the usual kitten behavior. She is not a viscious, blood thirsty killer like her sister. I wish they could talk so I could understand what they feel and help them. I feel so sorry for the tiny terror and want to help her while not losing to much blood in the process.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2010 3:54:00 PM PDT
Olivia Tudor says:
Is the cat just plain feral?

Posted on Aug 28, 2010 6:37:43 PM PDT
Carolina says:
This review was absolutely hilarious.
I have found that there indeed are thoroughly sadistic cats, that one must simply endure them and hope and wait for the rare yet inevitable "sweet" moments that come. In the past I've tried different methods to educate cats into being less aggressive, I've gone from such basic reactions such as all-out screaming whenever a kitten hurt me in order to let them know clearly and definitely that "it bloody hurts", to actually biting them back (yes, really).
Still, no matter how aggressively a cat may behave I find myself unable to survive long without their elegant, obtrusive yet unobtrusive, delicate presence. Also, I have found that cat-lovers are a distinct group, a fraternity, perhaps even a separate breed onto ourselves; for this reason my sympathy goes out to you, but I can't help snickering at your rapacious kittens antics.
Best of luck with your savages!

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 6:11:17 AM PDT
Teferiffic says:
Best. Review. Ever.

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 11:40:34 AM PDT
J. Oldham says:
"It was as if the devil himself at burst forth from Hades, accompanied by all his legions of demons" that was the most hillarious comment I had ever read.. I laughed soo hard, but I know it was not so funny when it happened.. that that comment was classic.. still laughing.. hope your wounds have healed by now

Posted on Jan 27, 2011 1:01:14 AM PST
NTPhoo says:

Posted on Feb 16, 2011 3:07:40 PM PST
elpple says:
OMG, this is so funny! Are you a screenplay writer? If not, you should write for Hollywood! Just when I thought you had advice on getting product to perform......pet ocelot or cougar, lol!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (26 customer reviews)

$29.99 $24.98