5.0 out of 5 stars Netgear N450-100NAS & Xfinity, January 23, 2014
This review is from: NETGEAR N450 WiFi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (N450-100NAS) (Personal Computers)
*Update* It appears that is now listed as an approved device with Xfinity -March 2014

Modem and wireless perform well (2 weeks in)... However, if you have Xfinity and you want it activated on their service (as of 1-10-2014) expect resistance getting it approved (Sure "Xfinity is plastered on the front of the box it came in)... The install techs didn't have the modem listed with their devices and advised me to rent theirs or exchange it, they also called the techs and they swear it's not approved and to just exchange it. I finally just told them to leave. I called in to get it activated, they provisioned it and then after all that they decided to tell me it's not approved and to return it... I continued to argue with them, they then told me to bring it to their store to get me off the line. I hung up, waited for the headspin to subside and just decided to restart my modem. Guess what happens... It works perfectly.

TL, DR: Just keep calling the xfinity to activate this modem as a "CG3000DV2" till someone sends a signal to it... Its going to work, even if they swear up and down it is not approved... Their Provisioning/Engineering teams and CSR "techs" use tin cans and a string to communicate with each other!

Added model# I used to activate it "CG3000DV2"

3/22/2014- Device is dependable and quick, no regrets with Netgear. Can't speak much for actual wifi range. I've probably wandered 60' max w/ my laptop in a 1 story, well within range.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 4, 2014 11:04:29 PM PST
James says:
funny how they say its not approved since list of approved devices has it on there.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2014 8:37:31 AM PDT
Ino You says:
Yeah, it's good to go with Xfinity now... I should mention I bought this device the day after it hit retail stores in my area in Jan. and Xfinity technically did not have it on their approved device list yet... Even though it was simply a version 2 "retail" of Netgear's commercial modem with just updated wifi technology. Glad to hear they did get the list updated.

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 9:57:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 22, 2014 9:58:20 PM PDT
C. Veno says:
I had the same problem . I just told them I don't know the modem but u know the mac. After they say said was it modem number CG3000DV2 I said yes it is. Everything worked after this. I got a 500 error when you try to do it via Comcast.net I had to call them to get it to work.

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 6:59:58 PM PDT
Jeff Gercone says:
I just received this same router and spent 6 hours getting hung up on with Comcast trying to get this working. They also tried to tell me it wasn't compatible. I don't know what the problem is but it shows up as online to them but i get no web pages opening. Had to disconnect it to get my internet back up. Also spent 1 hour with Netgear tech that I couldn't understand who was no help at all. I am so disappointed in both companies.

Posted on May 2, 2014 10:08:59 AM PDT
I gave Comcast the model number from the modem (on 5/1/2014). They told me it was not supported. I called later that day and gave them the model number from the box(N450-100NAS) and everything was fine.

Posted on May 9, 2014 3:41:53 AM PDT
A. Spencer says:
Comcast has been jerking me around since March 13, 2014. Saying its my cable yet, vonage can get a message in and my television works perfectly. Technican was scheduled but never showed. Kept getting same jerk customer tech who wanted personal information, and would hang up on me. I am in IT an know all they have to do is it a switch or a key stroke on their computers to work. Turning it over to my credit card company AMEX as a dispute for failure or service ( I pay by card for protection) and stopped autopay until Comcast makes it right. They pull this all the time. If there were another tv broadband provider I would have dropped them 14 years ago. They have blown so many of my PC's modems and routers. This is the last straw if they do not make it right. What are the odds of getting the same customer rep 12 times in a row? Will keep you posted. Check the customer reviews nationwide Comcast providing lousy service.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (535 customer reviews)

$149.99 $115.99