4.0 out of 5 stars B-Agile vs. City Mini - B-Agile is great - almost perfect!, August 7, 2011
I had a Bugaboo Cameleon since my son was born - but we are now moving from NYC to the suburbs and the Cameleon just isn't easy to get in and out of the car, so I sold it on Craigslist and looked at both the 2011 Baby Joggger City Mini (BJCM) and the B-Agile. I ended up liking the B-Agile more than the City Mini for a few reasons:

1) I'm short (5'0") and the handle on the BJCM was way too high for me. It was also wrapped with this cheap plastic/rubber handle guard which I didn't like at all. The handle on the B-Agile was exactly like my Bugaboo - felt like the same height and was also wrapped in the same material as the Bugaboo.

2) I found the push/glide of the B-Agile to be better than the City Mini. I see almost no difference between it and the Bug Cameleon. It might even be easier to maneuver b/c of the 3 wheel design!

3) B-Agile has suspension. I don't believe the BJCM has any suspension - at least it didn't feel like it did!

4) I liked the material better on the B-Agile better than the shiny slick material of the BJCM. (This is a personal preference, of course.)

5) The seat in the B-Agile was roomier and overall looked more comfortable. The seat was sturdy and structured - not a slumpy soft material seat like the BJCM. Both strollers provided good back support.

6) The straps on the B-Agile outshine the BJCM by a million miles. They are so easy to adjust - no re-threading or re-clipping needed and the buckle is childproof. (Many of my friends 3 years olds can get themselves out of the BJCM buckle in an instant.)

7) The basket is more accessible than the BJCM.

8) The canopy is large, but not too large to block the child's view when out for a stroll.

9) The peek-a-boo window in the canopy is mesh (not ugly vinyl) and allows for air-flow.

Now for the complaints..... ;)

1) The seat in the most upright position is not upright at all. It's still at a pretty significant angle. My son likes to sit up and look around and he simply can't do that w/ the B-Agile in it's manufactured state. With that being said, I was able to rig the straps that adjust the incline to make the seat upright. Basically, I take the 2 hanging straps in the back of the stroller and wrap it around the frame. Then, I take the D-shaped rings at the end of the strap and fit them in between the snaps that connect the seat material to the frame of the stroller. It works very well, except you have to unsnap the rigged straps before you collapse the stroller. Not a huge deal, but Britax should have made a more upright seat, like the 2011 BJCM velcro strap option.

2) The frame is creaky sometimes when the stroller is loaded up with stuff and you need to turn it.

3) After the promotion is finished at the end of August, the stroller will come with no add-ons. ALL add-ons need to be purchased separately. I wish it just came with at least one added feature like a cup holder, a rain cover, a carry bag, child tray, etc.

4) The child tray attachment is a good feature, but I wish that it was adjustable! It's just too far out for my 17 month old son.

3) The storage pouch in the back kind of hangs in an ugly way, in my opinion. You can roll it up to get it out of the way.... but then you can't use the storage pouch!

I think that's it! Overall, I'm very happy with the stroller and think it was a good choice for my needs. If the seat went totally upright on it's own, I would have given this 5 stars, instead of 4!!!

***UPDATE AS OF 7/18/13 ***
So, my experience with this stroller is nothing shy of stellar. I now have a 2nd child who is currently 15 months old and she also loves the B-Agile. My son (now 3) also still loves it and fits in the stroller great. He even took naps in it when we recently went to Disney! My daughter doesn't mind the reclined seat as much as my son did, so I'm not having to "rig" the straps as much for her. I only wish the B-Agile Double had come out in time for the birth of my daughter. I ended up with the CityMini Double and HATE it. I just can't justify buying the B-Agile Double since I already have the BJCM Double. Boo.

As an added bonus, Britax customer service is AMAZING. I called earlier today b/c the stroller's break keeps sticking. I've cleaned it, but it just keeps getting stuck in the locked position. In addition, the front wheel also keeps going into the locked position for no reason. Since the stroller is still under the 2-year warranty, Britax is replacing the entire stroller for me! They are also covering the shipping cost to send my old one back. Simply amazing. I will most definitely be a Britax loyal customer for life ;)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 9, 2011 2:03:55 PM PDT
Lacy says:
One of my only complaints is that the seat won't sit at 90 degrees. I pulled so hard on the straps that I pulled the stops through the mechanism! It did sit at 90 degrees then, but of course I had to get the stops back through. I am surprised I didn't break it. I will try your trick instead.

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 8:41:54 AM PDT
Wendee says:
THANK YOU so much for the Strap idea!!! I didn't like that the seat didn't sit upright all the way and your idea works perfectly!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 11:05:36 AM PDT
Rachel F says:
Great! I actually have found over time that my B-Agile will indeed collapse with the straps in this position. I've been using the stroller for almost 3 months and I love it! Now I have baby #2 on the way and I'm wishing it had a 2nd seat attachment ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 8:04:08 PM PDT
Newbee says:
Thanks for your suggestion to rig the seat. I don't quite understand it though. Any chance you could post some pics of how you were able to do it? Thanks!

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 12:35:24 PM PST
Audrey says:
Hi, I have been looking at the B-agile and City Mini 2012 in stores a lot over the past few weeks trying to decide. I was all set to go with the B-agile but ever model I have seen, the strap recline mechanism in the back was twisted or stuck or malfunctioning. I keep hoping this is just a display model issue.. do you have any problems with this on your stroller? Half the time I couldn't even figure out if the seat was at the maximum upright position, or if the strap just got stuck. Any advice would be appreciated! And a pic of how you rigged the seat more upright would be GREAT if you could? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 10:33:30 AM PST
Hi there. I'm so so sorry I didn't see your post until now! oops. I'm only assuming you've since bought a stroller.... But, to answer your question -- we haven't had any issues w/ the strap incline mechanism at all. I've now had the stroller for almost a year and a half and it's going strong! (I've also since had another baby - who is now 8 months old - and she now loves the stroller, too!) I'll add an update to the main review....
(Also, I don't have a pic of the way I rigged the straps, but I'll try to snap one the next time I'm out and using it.)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 10:39:02 AM PST
Hmmm... I can't figure out how to edit my original post. Anyway - for those of you reading this - it's now been a year and a half and the stroller is still great. I'm very very hard on this stroller - always flinging it in and out of my SUV trunk and banging it around - and it's definitely standing the test of time. No issues whatsoever. After owning at least 5 strollers (including a Bug Chameleon, Aprica, CityMini Double) over the last 3 years, and having 2 kids, I can say that this stroller has been my hands-down favorite!

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 2:39:56 AM PST
Katy Harvey says:
Thank you so much for the note on how to rig the seat to sit more upright. I have a very curious 7 month old who was getting frustrated in the seat. I'll try to explain again for anyone who is having trouble figuring it out. Pull the straps so that the seat is the most upright it will go. Then look at the frame and locate the topmost snaps on each side of the frame. Unsnap the red fabric, put the d-ring onto the snap base, and the snap the fabric back on top. Do that on each side. It makes the seat very upright. Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 3:00:28 AM PST
I'm so glad! Enjoy :)

By the way - my son is now almost 3, and he likes the recline of the seat. Go figure!

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 10:53:07 PM PDT
Teresa K. says:
Thanks so much for posting how you rigged the seat to sit upright. I just tried it and it works great! My son will be thrilled he can now see the world!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›