5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully done... And the loss of a legend :'(, December 5, 2013
This review is from: Fast & Furious 6 - Extended Edition (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet) (Blu-ray)
I fought with someone today over how i was still upset about #PaulWalker close to a week after his traumatic death... Their argument was that people die everyday, especially the soldiers who fight for me... As truthful as his argument was... My retort explained it all...

"You don't understand. Yes, I am grateful and appreciate the soldiers who fight for our country... But I don't know these people... I mean, yeah, I only knew Paul based off of every interview or movie he's done since i first saw him in 'Pleasantville' back in 1998... But it feels like i lost an awesome older brother... I was there for his ups and downs. I was there when he bought that soldier an engagement ring to give to his fiance in 2004, I've been there for all of the Fast and Furious movies... So yeah, people die everyday, true... But your older brother doesn't die everyday..."

#RIPPaulWalker #FastAndFurious #PaulWalkerTribute

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 5, 2013 4:58:20 PM PST
I couldn't have said it any better.
RIP Paul Walker
Gone way too soon but NEVER forgotten!

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 10:49:58 AM PST
W. Mann says:
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. And I don't understand why someone always has to throw in the token comment about soldiers, or natural disaster victims to be honest. Why is that?!

Anyway, I've been a fan of the series since the first FF movie came out, so "Brian" has been a part of my life for nearly 15 years....obviously any big fans of the series are going to be crushed by his death. A co-worker and I quote lines from the FF movies literally everyday at the office, and we are still very upset at Paul's passing. It doesn't even seem real for some reason. I even have a matchbox car of the orange Supra on my desk!

Time will march on however, and Paul Walker will definitely be a legend for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2013 1:39:42 PM PST
I'm right there with you bro... 12 years of Fast and Furious... I'll be 24 in March... Literally half my life has been all about FAF and the Fast Family ... With all these car meets and memorials and tributes everywhere i turn, he's a legend no doubt... And I even picked up some of that Davidoff Cool Water cologne that Paul was made the face of right before he passed....... I need some of the Hot Wheels cars for sure dude lol... #TeamPW

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 8:59:33 AM PST
Kristine says:
I know I still cannot believe that he is gone. The only other famous person I ever got emotional about was Princess Diana. I have been watching Paul since Meet the Deedles and Varsity Blues. I still think about him everyday and as funny as it may sound I've never had a tattoo but I am going to be getting a tat of Paul. He had a BIG BIG HEART and he helped a lot of people. Its so sad that he died so young. I could never understand why good people must leave so soon. He loved helping people that need to be helped, he liked to joke around, and most of all he loved his daughter with all his heart. Many interviews he talks about his daughter its sad that they didn't get much time together since he died so young. -Heaven received a beautiful angel- R.I.P Paul we all miss you!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2013 9:21:45 AM PST
i completely agree Kristine... It's still tragic and i too have been contemplating ink in remembrance... Last celeb i got emotional about was Heath Ledger... But Paul was on a different bro level...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2013 6:39:51 PM PST
Kristine says:
Agree there as well, Heath was a surprise on his passing as well.. but like you said Paul is on a different level. Today I bought 2 copies of the DVD at my local store, I love the fact that a proceed goes to his charity Reach Out WorldWide

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 12:52:40 PM PST
Mita Joey says:
Well said. I too am still reeling from his death, after 12 days. I felt like I knew him, not only through his movies (and I've seen them ALL) but through his charity work, which I've followed for the last couple of years. I am thankful for all of the people who are defending our country in the armed services, but I don't "know" them. I am still in shock about Paul's passing and I probably still will be a year from now. Thankfully I have his movies to remember him by. I've noticed that pretty much all of his movies are on back-order on Amazon. I am so happy that I was able to get the ones that were missing from my collection.

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 9:42:57 AM PST
Alexis says:
I totally agree with you. I was crush by his death. And the tears still haven't stop falling since that sunday morning when I heard the news. I didn't know him personally but from his interviews and acts of kindness and on-screen performance to me meant that his heart was a big as a SUV! And it's a shame that most people did not realize what a great person he was until after his death. I feel for his family, fans, daughter, friends, coworkers and girlfriend. I plan on buying the whole fast and furious series in his name, also plan on seeing all three of his last films coming out and donate to his charity. He will forever be in my heart and I will definitely miss those ocean blue eyes. May you rest in paradise my fast and furious angel!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2013 2:33:50 PM PST
Ikr>? Reach Out World Wide is obviously getting so much more publicity... And I give Universal mad props for giving a percentage of each DVD/Bluray/DigitalCopy sold. Quite impressed for such a massive conglomerate.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2013 2:36:16 PM PST
Im right there with ya dude :/ ... And did you watch the Fast 7 preview in the bonus features for Fast 6? ... Han's funeral?... When paul promises that there's one more funeral, he's obviously talking about Shaw's... But sdaly it has to be about his own :(
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›