3.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality ok, but easy wear and tear and random issues with them., December 17, 2012
This review is from: MEElectronics Sport Fi S6 In-Ear Sport Headphone System with Armband, Carry Case for iPhones/iPods/MP3 Players and Smartphones - Red/Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Ok so I'm not audiophile and I'm not really concerned about having super high quality headphones. I just wanted headphones that I could blast music in while I run and have them be no hassle. Sadly, not the case:

The armband that came with this doesn't even fit my phone. I have an Android phone, HTC Evo, and when I tried to squeeze it in there, it almost ripped the arm band. The actual armband itself is also kinda small; I can barely wrap it around my bicep and I'm not like a huge guy. Not very useful for me here.

The actual earbuds themselves were fine for the first couple weeks. Within two months though, I was starting to get a number of the issues mentioned in other reviews: The wire that is supposed to loop around the ear started getting loose. One actually started poking out of the black wrap around it, and I would have to push it back into it. They are now so loose they're actually useless and the earbuds pop right out. I also get the wind-whistling problem, I think because the wires don't conform tightly to the back of my ears now, they get whipped around by the wind and it sounds like I'm driving on a highway with my windows down when a gust comes through.

The earbud nibs themselves were fine. They really do connect well and put in a nice seal so I can focus on the music, which I like. However, that happens rarely now because the buds get easily pulled out. I also noticed the plastic by the end of the extension cord is starting to fray and peel back, and I can see the wire now.

I don't run that often actually, just twice a week, for 3-5 miles a trip, nothing overly rigorous. I've only had these for several months, kinda disappointed because I was hoping they'd last a little longer, but then again, I realize they were only something like $30 so I shouldn't really complain. So my advice here is to get them if you need some cheap buds that work decently, but don't expect them to last too long.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]