Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Your Garage Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

1.0 out of 5 stars Why is 3-Disc Special Edition edited ???, February 10, 2012
This review is from: The Walking Dead: Season 1 (3-Disc Special Edition) (DVD)
First off let me say I love the series. I like the writing, directing, and the in your face style of filming.
I purchased the "The Complete First Season 3-Disc Special Edition, based on the reviews here.
While watching my new purchase I was EXTREMELY DISAPOINTED while watching Ep.# 2 "Guts" in the scene where they run into the alley to grab the walker to dismember and use his guts and body parts for camouflage, that entire sequence is edited out of this supposedly complete special edition.
It shows them grabbing the walker and bringing him into the building and closing the door and the next thing you see is them walking out the door covered in the guts and parts.
The whole 3-min+ scene is gone where they talk about who he(the walker) was before and starting to chop him into pieces.
One of the most graphic scenes in the series so far and its not on the complete special edition discs!!!

I am equally dumbfounded that previeous reviewers failed to mention this.
Had I known this was an edited edition I would have purchased a non-edited version.

I feel totally ripped off and let down by Amazon and previous reviewers not to have disclosed this until now.

BUYER BEWARE THIS 3-DISC SPECIAL EDITION SERIES IS EDITED !!!!!!!!!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 11 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 57 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 13, 2012 6:34:34 AM PST
Bookdragon says:
You've got to be kidding! I remember that episode and the disembowling of the walker was, I felt, integral to the story. The series isn't shy about the squickiness. I can't imagine how someone could decide to edit such a relatively benign plot device out of the story.

Thanks for saving me the expense of buying this set. I'll just stick with the first set release.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 11:17:34 AM PST
T. J. Young says:
Can someone else confirm this? It was a pretty decent scene.

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 11:59:49 AM PST
Kaga Kagora says:
I just reievied my Special Edition yesterday and I can only think of two things:

1) You are a spammer.
2) You recived a defective copy.

Why? Because mine shows it, plus I have many other Walking Dead customers who confirmed that it is not edited.

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 7:01:26 PM PST
Lexi Gurl says:
Me and a friend are watching this same 3-disk Special Edition and we just realized the same thing. Is this because of where we bought it? If so, they really should specifiy that on the cover because I never would have bought it ):

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 5:23:24 PM PST
That same scene you described is in my copy of the special edition. weird.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 9:15:30 PM PST
J. Montes says:
I'm pretty sure its defective, i have gone through several copies because of this problem ( i exchanged for a new one) But I also noticed that the episode works fine when i select the episode to watch (instead of pressing play all).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2012 10:33:47 AM PST
Brian says:
According to Wikipedia:

"The European versions of the first season DVD and Blu-ray are edited for gore, with cuts to episode two ("Guts"), episode three ("Tell It to the Frogs"), episode four ("Vatos") and episode five ("Wildfire")."

My question, then, to the original poster would have to be: Which release did you purchase, the American or European?

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 5:18:32 AM PST
I also bought the three disc special edition and it is missing the footage. There are two dvd versions out. There is the bare bones special edition with lack of features and the three disc special edition. So my question is does the bare bones release have the full uncut episode 2 guts? The scene where they're chopping the limbs off a walker. Or is the three disc defective?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 5:22:32 AM PST
Remember there are two versions of the dvd. The special edition which has 2 disc and the 3 disc special edition. Which one do you have? the 3 disc special edition is missing the scene.

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 5:41:08 AM PST
Okay with extensive reading I found a solution to all who bought the three disc special edition. When you click the marathon feature it omits the gruesome scene from episode 2 right? Well when you go to episode select and select episode 2 guts the gruesome scene is intact! I've already tried this and it works. Yes its annoying to go through episode select and Anchor Bay seems to not have a contact info hmm...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›