2.0 out of 5 stars Cute shoe but terrible sizing, September 10, 2007
This review is from: Capezio Daisy 205 Ballet Shoe (Toddler/Little Kid) (Apparel)
I bought this ballet slipper for my 5yo daughter for her first ballet class. The shoe is very pretty, but the sizing is way off. I ordered her a size bigger, but it was still far too tight, and as her feet are pretty narrow, it was also way too wide. I returned this slipper (in the end, it cost me a ridiculous amount of money due to return shipping) and bought her ballet slippers at Payless which are her size and fit.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 18, 2011 6:25:28 PM PDT
M. Bernard says:
Thank you for your post! I just had the same experience today and I have to return the slipper. I read the previous reviews so I went a whole 1.5 sizes up from my daughters shoe size and it was WAY too small. I'm not even going to try and reorder and I think it is awful we have to pay to return them when I ordered extra big and it was still too small. Thank you for suggesting Payless. I will definitely check them out this weekend.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 10:16:27 PM PDT
A. Davis says:
Absolutely agree. I bought size 8 for my small 3 year-old (which is her normal size), and they were way too small. I also wonder why Amazon thinks that this is the buyer's mistake and does not cover back shipping (this would not be an issue if sizes were more or less accurate). I saved on shipping by packaging it in a padded envelope and sending via 1st class mail, which costed me less than $2 (Amazon wanted to charge me over $4).

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 7:43:43 AM PST
edhmomof3 says:
I'm returning mine today for the same reason! Tiny, tiny, tiny! I ordered big and it looks like it'd fit my 1-year old baby rather than my 2 1/2 year old (size 7). I'm shipping it back myself. I'd like to re-order from Amazon but cannot find a size chart that works.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011 8:42:26 AM PST
A. Davis says:
I got one size bigger and they seem to work.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 10:10:36 AM PST
I too ordered and am now returning because of the size. Normally I read the comments section before ordering but was in a rush. Wish I would have. Would have saved me money to return these. Will not be ordering again because I don't trust I would get a size that would work. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 11:18:25 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 2, 2012 11:18:51 AM PST]

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 8:21:45 AM PST
MamaJ says:
Always make sure you choose the correct width for your child as well. My daughter has worn these for years. I always buy 1 to 2 sizes bigger than her current shoe size and I buy her wide width because she has wide feet and the fit has always been perfect! They do stretch a bit too after the first couple wearings due to being leather so you want them to be a little snug so they can break in a little bit. Love, love, love these slippers!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›