Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking... and big!, March 3, 2011
This review is from: Invicta II Men's 0764 Stainless Steel Watch with Black Leather Band (Watch)
I own a couple Invicta watches and I can say they're my favorite watches among my collection. They are good looking, elegant and well made (especially the slim series)

I ordered this one recently, after reviewing the product description and its dimensions, I knew it would be a big watch... which is fine as nowadays this is style commonly used. When I received this I was shocked by the size of the box it came in, it was not the average yellow box from Invicta but a pretty big yellow box. I was relieved when I got the watch out of it and wore it.

The quality of the watch is what you can expect from an Invicta, the design is pretty cool and very good looking (though it may be too thick to wear with a long sleeved shirt), the face includes both the day of the week and day of the month.

To set it up (as this information is not included in the box), the crown needs to be turned counterclockwise to set the day of the week and clockwise to set both the hour and the day of the month. It is important to note that there is a quick setup button above the crown, you can click on it with a pen and what it will do is change the day of the month on a one by one basis so you don't have to turn the crown endless times until you reach the desired date.

I have included a picture to give you an idea of how this looks, other than the pictures included by Amazon, it is big but I love the way it looks.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 5, 2011 6:42:11 PM PDT
Hi!

Thank you for your review! We always appreciate customer feedback. Enjoy that model & have an awesome summer!

Regards,
Invicta Watch

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 3:45:25 PM PDT
bkgrant10 says:
R.Suarez, Thank You very much for the tip related to your comment "It is important to note that there is a quick setup button above the crown, you can click on it with a pen and what it will do is change the day of the month on a one by one basis so you don't have to turn the crown endless times until you reach the desired date." I stared at this very nice watch for 10mins saying there has to be an easy way. Thanks Again

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2011 6:08:37 AM PDT
R.Suarez says:
You're most welcome bkgrant10!

Thanks for the comment!

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 4:20:36 PM PST
Jack says:
Thanks much for posting your review. I found the user guide that comes with the watch to be semi useless for this model.
Your tip for changing the date came in very handy after receiving my new 0764 II. It is a big ol' honker of a watch, but I love it.
Thanks again R.Suarez!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 9:11:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 7, 2012 9:13:38 PM PDT
Mel Beckman says:
What is the deal with the ridiculous $495 list price? Does Invivta think its customers are idiots?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 9:58:45 AM PDT
R.Suarez says:
Well, I have never seen an Invicta being sold at the list price so yeah, I see your point. It does seem to be a way to trick customers into believing they are getting a great deal when most of the times they sell for about a hundred dollars or less...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 11:55:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2012 12:04:05 PM PDT
Mel Beckman says:
My question is why Amazon permits this obvious shysterism? Don't Amazon sellers have to adhere to some kind of code of ethics? This seems at a minimum to be unethical, if not outright false advertising. I remember in LA the District Attorney prosecuted a car dealership for overstating the list price of new cars just ten percent. I'd think an 800% overstatement would warrant even more vigorous prosecution.

***Update*** I just learned that apparently Invicta has reported my review as abusive and it has been deleted. So complaining about such obvious huckster tactics is prohibited? How can Amazon members trust comments if sellers can censor the ones they dislike? I've said nothing untrue or abusive.

I list below Amazin's official posting guidelines. How does an Amazon member questioning a seller's false price information violate these rules? Amazon, you are not making any sense.

Profane or obscene, inflammatory or spiteful comments
Messages that abuse, denigrate or threaten others
Text or articles written by someone else, even with attribution for the author, except for brief quotations from a book, article or other product related to the discussion
Any personal information about children under 13
Descriptions that intrude on the privacy of another person, including revealing personally identifiable information such as their name or address
Text that promotes illegal or immoral conduct
Repeated posts that make the same point excessively
Repeated unwelcome messages that harass or embarrass other customers or participants
Repeated posts that promote an item in the Amazon.com catalog
Any form of "spam," including advertisements, contests, or other solicitations for other websites or companies; or any URL link that includes a "referrer" tag or affiliate code.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 4:20:54 PM PDT
Sleep Star says:
After setting the time, day and date how can i get my watch to start working again? It doesn't move when i'm done

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 5:47:16 AM PDT
R.Suarez says:
@Mel, I am sorry to hear that, I find it odd though as I have seen sellers (Invicta being one of them) reply to customers via the comments when questions or problems withe the product are mentioned in reviews... did you contact Amazon to inquire about it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 5:49:30 AM PDT
R.Suarez says:
@Sleep star, I am not sure I follow, you set it up, place the setup crown back in place and it is not working? If that is the case that is obviously not right, I would contact Amazon and file for a return and exchange...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›